Poll: Which one should I get?
Poll Options
View poll results: Which one should I get?
Epiphone G-400 SG
3 30%
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
4 40%
Fender MIM Stratocaster
3 30%
Voters: 10.
Yeah it's another what-should-I-buy thread. Well anyway I'm starting to become more serious in guitar (I've been playing my brother's guitar for a year and a half already) and I've come down to a few guitar choices. I'm stuck between choosing a Fender MIM Strat, an Epiphone G-400 SG (my brother said their quality sucks but I've seen tons of good reviews. Maybe it's because of the crappy quality control he experience with one of them), and an Epiphone LP Standard (****ing hot, but it DOESN'T feel right for some reason to play).
My style is mainly blues, psychedelic, classic rock, and metal. My main influence is Black Sabbath and Led Zeppelin. My budget is up to 500 dollars Canadian. I already got my amp covered (using a Boss Distortion Pedal and Line 6 amp). Thanks dudes!

INTOLERANCE IS IGNORANCE

Quote by kosmic
Holy Moses.
haha
sg ftw
just dont buy it blind make sure u've tried all ur choices thru ur amp b4 u buy one
Quote by deanfreak93
get a gibson not an epiphone and the bad quality has just disapeared

with 500 canadian? be serious please
g-400 is an amazing guitar for the price.
i have one and i love it to death
Ibanez S520ex
Epiphone G-400
Roland Microcube
Alvarez MC90
Quote by impeachpedro10
g-400 is an amazing guitar for the price.
i have one and i love it to death

I'm leaning towards the G-400. It looks fabulous, I love the crunchy, heavy tone (very Black Sabbath, I love that band), and it's only 335 Canadian at my local music store. But I'm very worried of the quality control standards Epiphone has. My brother said they are terrible but I heard good things from the quality ones.

INTOLERANCE IS IGNORANCE

Quote by kosmic
Holy Moses.
haha
I would say either the SG or the Strat, depending on you actually, do you want a janglier, glassier tone? if so then the strat is right up your alley.
SG or the Les Paul. The strat was mainly made for light rock and blues, but the Les Paul has better pickups for higher distortion settings.
Gear List:
'97 Gibson Explorer w/ Duncan SH-4 and SH-2
Fender Jazz Bass 'Crafted in Japan'
Yamaha Acoustic Guitar
Vox AD30VT w/ VFS2
Roland Cube 30 Bass
Modded "St. Louis" Wah
Dunlop .88 Tortex picks