I don't know if I could possibly be looking forward to this movie any more. The title is "Passchendaele" named ofcourse after the World War 1 battle. It's Canadian made and it's about Canadian soldiers. And it looks amazing.

Heres the trailer:
http://www.passchendaelethemovie.com/html/trailer_lg.html

Article about the battle:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Passchendaele

Anyway, I can't possibly be the only one excited. Watch the trailer! Discuss!

Last edited by ma)(payne at Jun 5, 2008,
wooot canada ftw
Quote by bucktheduck

Call me troll, call me psychopath. In the end, I shall stand above you all as you drown in a pool of sex and filth. It will explode your corrupted bodies, and I will walk above the wreckage as a pure man.

Quote by DieGarbageMan

Haggard13 i are impressed
I'm not Canadian, but it sounds like it will be a good movie.
Miss Scourge? PM me.

I am the mistress of ManWithoutAHat . This pleases me.
Canadian army? Ha!

I kid, I kid.

It looks... ok. I'll be sure to look for weapon design flaws like I do for every war movie.
Quote by National_Anthem
Quote by Weeping_Demon7

Worst-Atheists (because 90% of them are arrogant bastards)
Best- Music

90% of people are arrogant bastards, regardless of religion.
Quote by ma)(payne
It's Canadian made and it's about Canadian soldiers.

All 3 of them?
And I mean that in the best possible way.
ba ha ha

and I suppose you think our navy consists of a canoe with a sling shot as well don't you?
Quote by darksauce
EmeraldXecution, you are awesome.

Balls to the Walls
I bet the lead character dies. Looks good, but a bit over-patriotic and over-done. Could be very good.
Passchendaele

I've actually been there to look at the trenches. As I recall there is the biggest ****ing mine crater I have ever seen near the trenches.

But its about time the Canadian volunteers were remembered. They did more than anyone could have expected from them

Quote by metaldud536
It looks good, but the love story thrown in might ruin it for me.

if it becomes another Pearl Harbour sort of film I'll be pissed off
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
Wiggy = legend.

Devil's Advocate
Sounds interesting, we need more films about The First World War, especially since they're making a PG-13 "Sweeping Hollywood Epic" remake of All Quiet on the Western Front.

But, I'm hoping it's not going to be another "lets hate the British and their officers" parade which just insults every decision made by Haig and the like. Probably will happen, Canada - besides Newfoundland - was against the war.

I'll try and keep and open-ish mind.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
yea man, who ever doesnt like pantera or think they suck doesnt like metal, end of discussion, they changed the freakin world n made history, so don't be sayin they suck, have respect, same goes for machine head n lamb of god cuz their good too
Quote by wiggy1988
Passchendaele

I've actually been there to look at the trenches. As I recall there is the biggest ****ing mine crater I have ever seen near the trenches.

But its about time the Canadian volunteers were remembered. They did more than anyone could have expected from them

if it becomes another Pearl Harbour sort of film I'll be pissed off

That crater was in The Somme - it was the Hawthorn Ridge Redoubt - a British tunnel under a German fortress, it was the biggest manmade explosion ever at that point. I've been there, too.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
yea man, who ever doesnt like pantera or think they suck doesnt like metal, end of discussion, they changed the freakin world n made history, so don't be sayin they suck, have respect, same goes for machine head n lamb of god cuz their good too
Ok, i update my view on the film:
The lead character WILL die, now that he has found true love and the key speech in the film is "Don't Die"...
In other words, he is gonna die doing something dramatic like storming a machinegun nest or something...And the woman will die a lonely old widow.
Cue...SOPPY SAD ENDING
Quote by Moggan13
Ok, i update my view on the film:
The lead character WILL die, now that he has found true love and the key speech in the film is "Don't Die"...
In other words, he is gonna die doing something dramatic like storming a machinegun nest or something...And the woman will die a lonely old widow.
Cue...SOPPY SAD ENDING

But it will end with Canada's equivalent of the Victoria Cross being laid on his chest at his funeral. So we can admire him.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
Quote by freddaahh
That crater was in The Somme - it was the Hawthorn Ridge Redoubt - a British tunnel under a German fortress, it was the biggest manmade explosion ever at that point. I've been there, too.

I haven't been to the somme yet, but a similar mine was planted at Ypres, which was where the battles of Passchendaele took place. It was a bloody big hole though
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
Wiggy = legend.

Devil's Advocate
Those weren't Canadians. Where's the polar bear cavalry?

Looks good. I shall watch.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Quote by wiggy1988
I haven't been to the somme yet, but a similar mine was planted at Ypres, which was where the battles of Passchendaele took place. It was a bloody big hole though

I know, weren't there three battles at Ypres? I've noticed that we always end up getting into conversations about the wars. Wasn't there a giant WWII thread a few months ago which we were talking for about fifty pages in?
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
Quote by freddaahh
But it will end with Canada's equivalent of the Victoria Cross being laid on his chest at his funeral. So we can admire him.

Ahhh true...Then it fades out with an image of a War Memorial Graveyard full of crosses with a flapping US and Canadian flag...Because the British never thought in WWII OR WWI!!

Only kiddin'...Many kudos Points to the Canadians.
At least it isn't a movie about the French army...
Quote by Article
She pulled off his left testicle and tried to swallow it, before spitting it out. A friend handed it back to Mr Jones saying "That's yours"

Wii Is For Queers! Co-Founder Of The "We Hate Wii" Club
Return to a Condition of Being...<-Band. Add plz!
i am so surprised that no one has posted the bagged milk picture yet... haha
Quote by mrwaffles
I sh*t every 7 minutes. I stand on my roof and let it fly into the neighbor's yard. I never wipe.
Quote by PaperStSoapCo

There was a French war film based around the French fighting in Verdun.
And no, it wasn't 5 minutes long
Looks awesome. Here is to hoping a movie about The Battle of the Somme!
''Technological advancements are like an axe in the hands of a pathological criminal.'' - Albert Einstein
Quote by rickyy
Looks awesome. Here is to hoping a movie about The Battle of the Somme!

The Trench

IMDB it.
Quote by Moggan13
Ahhh true...Then it fades out with an image of a War Memorial Graveyard full of crosses with a flapping US and Canadian flag...Because the British never thought in WWII OR WWI!!

Only kiddin'...Many kudos Points to the Canadians.

They deserve much kudos, but we know what is going to become of this film. There will be a heartfelt voiceover done by the main character's girlfriend/wife, about how Canadian men sacrificed themselves for a war they didn't believe in for the welfare of a tyrannical power - cue a tasty shot of the Royal Family and London in a very derogatory manner.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife

they should make more finnish WWII movies....
GEAR

Ibanez sr506
Yamaha RBX170
Squier strat...
Hughes&Kettner Basskick BK300

Quote by ChemicalFire
Where's my lynching bat?
Quote by Han0s

No-one wants to watch a Snuff Movie.
Quote by Han0s

Well it would be better if Finland itself makes them, instead of having Hollywood attempt to retell Finnish history with Ben Affleck being a Finnish hero.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
Quote by freddaahh
Well it would be better if Finland itself makes them, instead of having Hollywood attempt to retell Finnish history with Ben Affleck being a Finnish hero.

"I need you more than Ben Affect needs Acting School...He was terrible in that film!..
I just want to say is Pearl Harbour sucks...But not as much as i miss you..."

Team America
Sad to see retards disrespecting Canada's army in WW1; we did a lot more than many other countries, and were responsible for winning a good number of major battles. At least we didn't come in extremely late like the Americans.

65,000 of our guys died, and our population was only 7 million at the time.
Quote by AzureNight
Sad to see retards disrespecting Canada's army in WW1; we did a lot more than many other countries, and were responsible for winning a good number of major battles. At least we didn't come in extremely late like the Americans.

65,000 of our guys died, and our population was only 7 million at the time.

This is true, they did come late after they were done profiteering I jest.

However, no single country won the war ; it was a combined effort. This is what should be focused on.
''Technological advancements are like an axe in the hands of a pathological criminal.'' - Albert Einstein
Quote by PaperStSoapCo

Don't mean to double post but..why? France did more fighting than England in WW1.