Yes i checked the seach bar.
No i don't expect that many serious answers, and no you don't get the final say on my life's path.

So I have finally narrowed my major choice in college to either English or communications. Very similar, but what's better for a writing related career? I've decided that philosophy is my minor, simply because it's amazing. So pit, english or communications? who wins?
I woke up this morning and I got myself a beer, the future is uncertain and the end is always near. - The Doors, Roadhouse Blues
english. communications is very broad, but would be better if you like being in front of the tv camera or talking on the radio, etcetera.
Well, in my school communications is like the easy version of english for the dumber kids, so id go with english if its anythign the same
Quote by bucktheduck

Call me troll, call me psychopath. In the end, I shall stand above you all as you drown in a pool of sex and filth. It will explode your corrupted bodies, and I will walk above the wreckage as a pure man.

Quote by DieGarbageMan

Haggard13 i are impressed
Do a double major and do both.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
Drop out!!!!!!! Phuck English & writting & sh*t!
thats what i'd do but hey, I failed English in every year at High school!

Why Probely I England speak gooooooood!
Quote by Spoony_Bard
Dude I got these strings the other day that couldn't be tuned to higher than 4 octaves below middle C then I realized that they were shoelaces and they weren't making any sound at all.
Yeah I'm doing something i like rather than money. (cliche lol) and yeah I plan to marry a girl who works. And yes I said come lawl. So Communications is like english lite? And wouldn't broader be better, more jobs? And sorry for having my replies in near complete opposite order.
I woke up this morning and I got myself a beer, the future is uncertain and the end is always near. - The Doors, Roadhouse Blues
I'd go with communications. Though I would prefer English. Go with what satisfies you.
To a shredder, a second is a long time.

Member of the UG Gentlemen of Higher Thought Establishment.

Invite only, if you want to be considered, contribute well to UG, and respect others as much as possible!
Quote by Lizard_King16
Yeah I'm doing something i like rather than money. (cliche lol) and yeah I plan to marry a girl who works. And yes I said come lawl. So Communications is like english lite? And wouldn't broader be better, more jobs? And sorry for having my replies in near complete opposite order.

Don't we all!!
Quote by Spoony_Bard
Dude I got these strings the other day that couldn't be tuned to higher than 4 octaves below middle C then I realized that they were shoelaces and they weren't making any sound at all.
Communications is the easiest major ever, which is why so many athletes take it.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
why don't you just double major. like why are you taking philosphy? if you wanted people to not give a crap about your opinion then just write it here in the pit.
if you're thinking of becoming an English major you need to learn the difference between council and counsel.
Why do you want me to take comm when you would take english? And lol. And I don't want a major that's easy to be easy. English is sounding more credible. With either i could do journalism and writing and media related things.
Become a performance major. =]
its harder and more fun than any other major out there.
I can't perform, except maybe in music. But i'm not amazing.
The council refuses to see you at the moment, please choose a later date.

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance

*bribes*

Can george washinton convince you?
Quote by Lizard_King16
*bribes*

Can george washinton convince you?

The council is intrigued, please step forward good sir with more of these "George Washingtons" of which you speak.

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance

Quote by Lizard_King16
I can't perform, except maybe in music. But i'm not amazing.

bah. do it anyway.
any type of performance is good.
music is the best. =]
bah don't be stupid. go for english. communications is the biggest waste of time ever. seriously what do you do besides analyze what other people have written or what they should have written.
"hmm notice an exclamation mark had a greater impact on the reaction of our audience"
congrats...you spent 4 years and thousands of dollars in college to figure that out...kudos.