Okay.

So i understand how to use a metronome when practicing scales and what not to improve speed, etc.

But what i don't understand is how to use one while playing along with a song. All i hear is this annoying click while trying to play!

Someone please explain this

-Toasted

New to forums o.O
You don't necessarily need to use a metronome while playing along to the songs because the drums will keep you in time anyway. What you could do is play the song without the music to the metronome to get it perfectly in time.
Quote by maggot9779
You don't necessarily need to use a metronome while playing along to the songs because the drums will keep you in time anyway. What you could do is play the song without the music to the metronome to get it perfectly in time.

I see..

So i guess a metronome would be better for music i would write? Since i no play drums.
A metronome is good for staying on beat. Not really a use for it when playing covers but, if you're recording your own song a metronome can help keep your guitar on beat so when you add drums everything meshes. Mostly people just use it for practicing timing and rhythm.
█████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████
Portugal. The Man »–
Depends what band you listen to, and time signatures, because ovbiously your metronome doesnt adapt. And some bands may play all at the same time, that doesnt mean they keep with certain BPM's, even the best bands have an occasionail dip or blip in BPM which makes songs + mets useless unless you made the song with a met, but whyd you wana along to yourself? :P