Page 1 of 3
Question... why is fall out boy a bad band.
I use to like them a long time ago
But i can't stand them now.
Please no flaming...
I want a balanced debate on this MUSICAL ISSUE...
I started this after reading the artical on the homepage.
NO SPAM...
Quote by Mad Mike 829
Girl: Thats not that difficult
Teacher: Of course not, I wouldnt star you on something hard
Girl: I wanna see something hard
Me & Freind: Thats what she said!

ended up getting kicked out for disrupting class
Bands and artists forum?
Quote by InvaderTSN
Needs more cowbell.

I have a shirt on right now that says this.

To actually answer the TS, I don't really care about Fall Out Boy. His voice is annoying as all fuck, but that's about it.
Last edited by Flying Couch at Jun 5, 2008,
was not sure where to post
Quote by Mad Mike 829

InvaderTSN just won this thread.
I'M IN THE FIGHT TO CURE CYSTIC FIBROSIS...MY LIFE DEPENDS ON IT!

Quote by JustRooster
I'm a straight man, but I'd put that surfcaster right in my mouth.

Quote by JD2k9
Well, life is like a penis.
Women make it hard.
Also, it's short but seems long when it gets hard.
fallout boy are good. i mean if writing catchy songs which stick in your head is good. if you're a ****INEEDSHREDINEEDARPEGGIOSINEEDCHORDS guy then i guess they arent that great.
fall out boy is a band that is swarmed by twelve year old girls and old people desperately trying to be cool. Thus, they are very uncool.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
Ask yourself since you ssay you can't stand them anymore. You must have made the choice not to like them at somtime and there is probably a reason for that. Me, personally, I don't like that type of music, i'm not bashing the band, I just don't like alot of the new pop/rock stuff that is out right now.

They either seem to be punk or trying to sound like a band from 60s-70s.
They're musically and lyrically shallow. They're obviously aimed towards teenagers, mainly girls.
I get very tense around apples...Well, I get very tense generally. I think I've fallen into the trap of blaming fruit.

Jeff

Peavey Studio Pro 112 for sale. Anyone want it?
Quote by akack
fallout boy are good. i mean if writing catchy songs which stick in your head is good. if you're a ****INEEDSHREDINEEDARPEGGIOSINEEDCHORDS guy then i guess they arent that great.

No, I hate metal but I hate fallout boy.

Why?

Well, there used to be a time when you had to be talented to write songs and get on the radio, but now, it seems, mediocrity is celebrated.

That is why UG doesn't like fallout boy

oh, and that^
I don't completely hate Fallout Boy. There songs are crap but I can't hate them for 3 reasons.
1. Unlike 90% of people getting played on mainstream radio, they play there own instruments and write there own songs.
2. They actually have good tastes in music (I know this because they guest programmed a music video show here in Australia)
3. There name is a Simpson’s reference.
That being said Pete Wentz rivals only Millie Vanillie and Ashlee Simpson as the biggest joke in musical history.
Quote by Munchlaxatives
They're musically and lyrically shallow. They're obviously aimed towards teenagers, mainly girls.

That and, their fans are generally very closed minded and annoying to talk to.
Rag Mop Do Do Duh DoDo Dedo Do!!!!!

R_A_G_G_M_O_P_P

RAGMOP
I actually like their music. Some of their songs really do have great lyrics, and they're damn catchy. I just don't like how Pete Wentz just seems to act so full of himself all the time and never misses a chance to be in the spotlight. I think a lot more people would like them if they stopped trying to get the media's attention all the time and just focused on making music.
kill all humans
I like Fall Out Boy...

They make catchy music, sure Stumps not a great singer but they're good at what they do, which is make catchy pop rock/punk.

But meh.
Some people hate them on Wentz/their image/their popularity, atleast some people maybe just don't like them as it's not their thing.
I don't like them, but I definitely don't hate them either. I think I agree with Madcap on this one.
I hate the fact they touch instuments....maybe its cause i like metalcore
Quote by Mad Mike 829

Quote by Munchlaxatives
lyrically shallow.

??
"they say your head can be a prison,
then these are just conjugal visits"

i thought this lyric was good.
Quote by tands
i hate you threadstarter

well FU~cK you to then
Quote by Mad Mike 829

Meh, they're catchy at first, but after a little while, the music just loses its appeal. Then it just gets boring and even annoying.

All IMO, of course.
because they sound like the same powerchord mixed around with different lyrics type songs that sound real catchy but sound really boring after a while and don't sound rewarding when you learn them. Something like a Hendrix song sounds rewarding though
[img]http://www.danasoft.com/sig/Lookatthis97787.jpg[/img]
Last edited by sean_etc at Jun 5, 2008,
To be honest, I think that the whole "OMG FOB SUCK!!Z!!" crap and the haters of the band have come to be much more annoying than the band itself could ever be.
<Han> I love Hitler
Quote by akack

I though that made music....
Quote by Mad Mike 829

Quote by Ringtone
Because it's cool to hate mainstream bands.

he wins.

Quote by FlyingFuc!<
??

me too?

if you are the shores
then i am the waves begging for big moons.

i liked that one too...?
ehhh.
but theyre not technical enough. they just sound good. so i could never like them.
Last edited by xrawrockkillsx at Jun 5, 2008,
Quote by HaKattack
To be honest, I think that as far as the whole "OMG FOB SUCK!!Z!!" crap and the haters of the band have come to be much more annoying than the band itself could ever be.

I hate people who call other people expressing their distaste at bad music "haters"
Quote by lolcats
I hate people who call other people expressing their distaste at bad music "haters"

I wasn't referring to those who respectfully present their opinions using valid arguments; it was aimed more towards the ones who offer up the same "BECAUSE EMO IS ****" or what have you argument over and over again.
<Han> I love Hitler
Quote by The Madcap
95% of the people who hate them probably think they're cool to do so.

I think im so awesome because i hate pop bands. Im so non-conformist.

[/sarcasm]
I'm curious, TS, where did you get your statistic that only 2% of UG likes Fall Out Boy? From what I've seen in this thread and others on similar topics, I would guess that it is considerably higher.
kill all humans
Quote by lolcats

i hate people who, just because they dont like the music, deem it as "bad music"
Quote by FlyingFuc!<
??

Ever hear of Bob Dylan? Go read some of his lyrics.
I get very tense around apples...Well, I get very tense generally. I think I've fallen into the trap of blaming fruit.

Jeff

Peavey Studio Pro 112 for sale. Anyone want it?
What lolcat said about fans of a band calling people who don't like them 'haters' is true; it automatically makes the fans 10x more annoying.

1. The music and lyrics are uninventive and simple.
2. The fans are even more annoying than the band.
3. They are a bunch of sellouts. They've appeared in AT&T commercials.
4. Pete Wentz embodies every quality in pop conformism that I hate.
ALWAYS

WANNA BE WITH YOU,
MAKE BELIEV
E WITH YOU,
AND L
IVE IN HARMONY, HARMONY,

OH, LOOVE!
Quote by xrawrockkillsx
i hate people who, just because they dont like the music, deem it as "bad music"

I'm not saying I don't like it, but musically, it's rubbish. There's nothing technical about it.

loledit: More importantly, there's nothing ORIGINAL about it.
Page 1 of 3