I have been looking at the metal muff when I noticed the Damage control distortion pedal. I 've got a ESP Dv8-r and a Marshall RG100SC. I know I want to get a distortion pedal I'm just trying to look around what are everyones opinions on between the two pedals?
I like the Metal Muff, but it's sort of a love it or hate it kind of pedal, it has a very unique sound whereas the Damage control is more generic sounding (although it sounds very very good) so try both out and see.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Quote by Kid_Thorazine
I like the Metal Muff, but it's sort of a love it or hate it kind of pedal, it has a very unique sound whereas the Damage control is more generic sounding (although it sounds very very good) so try both out and see.

I fully agree except I don't like muffs. I recomend the metal zone.
Quote by Nike-Man
I fully agree except I don't like muffs. I recomend the metal zone.

Nope

Damage Control FTW
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
metal zone?!

bleh..

i fully recommend the damage control. not because i think its better than the metal muff (never actually tried a EHX MM) but i simply because i feel that damage control products are very good quality.
Grammar and spelling omitted as an exercise for the reader.
Not a fan of either of those personally. Kind of equal in terms of tone really. Check out some of AMT's stuff.

Lots of clips of AMT's here.
http://www.pedalgeek.com/cgi-bin/new_shop.cgi?config=&uid=RVwq4wAA1212645556&uzc=&command=link--amt
AMP:
5150 combo
GSP1101 + Tech 21 PE60

GUITARS:
ESP LTD M-255 w/ SD Full Shred
Kramer Vanguard w/ JE-1000 active preamp
Douglas WF-150sn w/ GFS "Hot Lead" set

EFFECTS:
Bos SD-1 (boost)
AMT DT-2

My Youtube Vids http://youtube.com/user/mogar
Ive owned both and if price isn't an issue., go for the Solid Metal It doesnt have as much gain as the Muff, but it sounds very natural. The Metal Muff sounded great to me until I played 5150's and such.

The Muff sounds thin and artificial compared to the Damage Control Solid Metal which does a good job at replicating high-gain amp distortion.
5150 Combo
LTD Viper 400 (EMG 81/85)
Quote by stigma15
Ive owned both and if price isn't an issue., go for the Solid Metal It doesnt have as much gain as the Muff, but it sounds very natural. The Metal Muff sounded great to me until I played 5150's and such.

The Muff sounds thin and artificial compared to the Damage Control Solid Metal which does a good job at replicating high-gain amp distortion.

Thanks alot!
The MM is a great pedal, but I haven't played the Damage Control so I can't compare the 2. I basically use it as my amp b/c I have a ****ty @$$ MG. It took my tone from life support status to stable. I pretty much skip the preamp by turning it's volume down, plugging the MM in and using only the master volume on the amp. It works really good for me now, at least until I get the money for a 5150.
Quote by stigma15

I thought the Muff was a lot thicker sounding (at least the way I EQ'd it) but you're right that it doesn't really replicate a high gain amp, since it's kinda fuzzy.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm