Hey guys what's up.. Well I have soo much time on my hand ( I could play guitar 8 hours a day if I had the motivation ) and that's what I need help with

So throw me youtube vids, songs, nude pics of your GF with your guitar ... whatever.

I just need to get back into guitar like I was for the first year.
Try learning some classical music. Great for a change of pace and not only does it sound great, it's quite a challenge.
AMP:
5150 combo
GSP1101 + Tech 21 PE60

GUITARS:
ESP LTD M-255 w/ SD Full Shred
Kramer Vanguard w/ JE-1000 active preamp
Douglas WF-150sn w/ GFS "Hot Lead" set

EFFECTS:
Bos SD-1 (boost)
AMT DT-2

My Youtube Vids http://youtube.com/user/mogar
get a band maybe?
write own songs?
1. You're surfing the internet.
2. You're browsing through the UG forums.
3. You're reading now.
5. You didn't notice that there was no #4.
6. You just checked it.
7. Now you're having a lil smile.

Quote by hawk_kst
You Sir, have the best signature like ever!
Look at pics of all the nice gear the some people can afford, and realize you will never be that good.
Quote by Demonology
Hey guys what's up.. Well I have soo much time on my hand ( I could play guitar 8 hours a day if I had the motivation ) and that's what I need help with

So throw me youtube vids, songs, nude pics of your GF with your guitar ... whatever.

I just need to get back into guitar like I was for the first year.

lol... Either you want to play and get good or you don't. If you don't enjoy it enough to get motivated, find something else to do.
mmmmmmhmmm

That's exactly what I've been trying to say.

Quote by munkymanmatt
brilliant
Quote by xHighPotencyx
*Holds up rabbit*

Play guitar or the rabbit gets it.

*Holds gun up to rabbit*

You liar! It's a fake!

mmmmmmhmmm

Quote by munkymanmatt
brilliant
Thanks guys, you're awesome ) Didn't think I'd get that many responses in here so quick.

Quote by HardAttack
lol... Either you want to play and get good or you don't. If you don't enjoy it enough to get motivated, find something else to do.

I do wanna be a great guitarist, it's just I'm pretty bored of all the bands on my comp, so I was looking to branch out a bit instead of having all my songs sound the same.
Ah, then what you need is more influences. Explore some other genres. Ask around in some of the seperate forum sub-categories on this website about what peoples favorite bands are in each genre, and give them a listen.

Having several influences can make you a really great writer (both lyrically and musically). Also try checking out really well-rounded players. People who know how to play several different styles or instruments that are hard to learn.

Mark Rizzo from Soulfly is a good example. So is Mark Tremonti from Alter Bridge. Mark Rizzo knows both flaminco and shred guitar, and Mark Tremonti is a great shred player and plays some of the nicest acoustic rock songs you'll hear. I don't like Dave Grohl that much, but he can play pretty much any rock band instrument, write and sing.

Expand your repertoire.
mmmmmmhmmm

Quote by munkymanmatt
brilliant
Last edited by HardAttack at Jun 5, 2008,
Quote by Shpongled
Often when I listen to this band I often feel the urge to quit college and focus on guitar just because I wish I could play that well.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AsHwOzbHOBQ&feature=related

Goin to see them tomorrow night!!! Can't wait
Ibanez SZ520QM - Transparent Red
-Seymour Duncan '59 in the bridge/Coil-Tapped Pearly Gates in the neck
Synsonics Strat Copy with Hotrails Pickup in the bridge
Vox AC15cc Tube Amp
Vox V847 Wah
Digitech JamMan Looper
Cusack Screamer OD Pedal
Thanks Hardattack, I'll deffo check them out.

Quote by MetalMusicianAl
you either have it or you don't.

I'm guessing you don't
Quote by white99z
Goin to see them tomorrow night!!! Can't wait

Nice, I'm going to be seeing them with STS9 at the two night ATL run.
Quote by Demonology
Thanks Hardattack, I'll deffo check them out.

I'm guessing you don't

wtf i'm not the one making threads about needing motivation to practice, i already practice
Yeah but looks like you need help with everything else...

(referring to threads you've made, if anyone checks and they've been deleted then Al is taking this too seriously)
Quote by Demonology
Ummm...

DOH!!!?!?

:P

Just play!
Signatures are overrated.