I'm planning on buying a new guitar/amp. What do you guys think of this set up?

Guitar:
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/ESP-LTD-KH202-Kirk-Hammett-Signature-Electric-Guitar?sku=516639

Amp:
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Vox-Valvetronix-AD30VT-30W-Guitar-Combo?sku=481959

Pedal:
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/DigiTech-RP250-Multi-Effects-Pedal?sku=156607

I will be playing mostly metal.

Any feedback on these products would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks!

*****EDIT - Links fixed
Last edited by Ecliptica24 at Jun 5, 2008,
all these links suck as in they go nowhere. but im gonna make an assumption and say your looking at a kh 202. yea it's decent. im happy enough with it. if you dont have big hands. dont get it. it's a very flat neck, kinda wide. and large frets. i love it though. floyd rose and makeshift killswitch(turn one volume down) make a great guitar. it sounds pretty ok ive done a couple recordings with it. it isnt a tank. it will chip if you bang it a little. but overall i'd say get that one esp that is the same as the kh 202 but isnt 400 dollers because it doesnt say kh 202 on it
Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens~jimi hendrix

My Gear:
ESP kH-202
Crate FXT 120
yamaha 500(keyboard)
1967 fenderbandmaster halfstack
schecter c1 hollow body
Pedals:
original crybaby wah
flutter pedal
boss mt-2
i'd say get the 50 watt version of the Vox. the Rp isn't bad but an ME-20 or 50 would be better.
Ibanez RG321MH (Air Classic/Tone Zone)
Fernandes Telecaster (Twang King/stock bridge pickup)
Blackstar HT-20 (Scumback 55 speaker/ Tung Sol tubes)
TC Electronic Nova Repeater
Lava Cables Clear Connect, Soar and Mini ELC
I probably will get the 50w amp, and I think I'm gonna stick with the digitech pedal for the USB .
I've got that exact Vox and it kicks butt. Best modeling amp I've ever used for the price, and pretty versatile too. I use 30w for bedroom practice, I would really only get bigger if you think you have a chance of gigging with it.

If you've got any specific questions about it feel free to ask, I'll try my best to answer.
Quote by |Marco|
Roland Cube 30/60 watts will suit you alot better than that Vox.

Why would the Roland suit me better?
Roland has better metal sounds. It's the best SS metal amp for that price range.
If you NEED a floyd type bridge get an Ibanez S series in that price range, that KH is overpriced severely and the bridge isn't durable at all.
I would strongly recommend you don't get one then. I started with a RG321, I may buy another one in a couple weeks because of what you get for the price, if I were you, I would buy one of those maybe the one in weathered black, and then use the extra money to throw in a set of pickups, maybe some sd's or emg's. Or perhaps keep the pickups and get a small tube combo to get an even better sound. Your call mate. good luck!
bump, I read reviews on the RG321 and it wasnt that good.

I may just save up more and get a guitar in the $800 range.
My mate has the KH-202, the trem's held up pretty well, but the specs aren't enough to justify the price and it sounds pretty bad. Not a bad guitar, but not worth the asking price.
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
I'd be surprised if you found a pile of bad reviews on the 321, for the price its hard to beat, however the other 321 with the edgle III is junk. Regarding the kh202, The trem will hold up pretty well as will most LFR, the problem is time, eventually it will wear down because of the subpar parts it is constructed with
Quote by d_byrne23
If you NEED a floyd type bridge get an Ibanez S series in that price range, that KH is overpriced severely and the bridge isn't durable at all.

i disagree i beat the **** out of the LFR on my kh 202. i would say that is the one thing that does hold up well
Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens~jimi hendrix

My Gear:
ESP kH-202
Crate FXT 120
yamaha 500(keyboard)
1967 fenderbandmaster halfstack
schecter c1 hollow body
Pedals:
original crybaby wah
flutter pedal
boss mt-2