Basically I'm looking for an affordable, all tube, gig-worthy amp with great tone for bass. I currently play guitar on a Classic 30 and am looking to expand my musical abilities by taking up bass.
I don't think you should worry about all-tube with bass amps, solid state bass amps (compared to tube amps) are a lot better than solid state guitar amps (compared to tube guitar amps).
Quote by Lunchbox362
This thread if fail in almost every way imaniganable.
Quote by Fama
I don't think you should worry about all-tube with bass amps, solid state bass amps (compared to tube amps) are a lot better than solid state guitar amps (compared to tube guitar amps).

+1 to SS
For punk rock bass tones you would definitly want a tube bass amp.

The most famous bass tones come from tube bass amps, just sayin'
hey straying off topic just a little,
iamtompublic, what the hell is a human strobe?
Generally you want as clean a bass sound as possible because distortion is the fastest way to lose bass in the mix. That's why solid state is the usual choice for bass.

If you're on a budget the Roland Bass Cube 30 is a nice little bass amp. Seems to kick out the bass well at higher volumes considering the 8" speaker.

You'd get more info in the bass forum.
American Deluxe maple board Strat
Hot Rod Deluxe
Fulltone Fulldrive II mosfet
Quote by pEdAl2
Generally you want as clean a bass sound as possible because distortion is the fastest way to lose bass in the mix. That's why solid state is the usual choice for bass..

That's it then, nothing more? Because I've always wondered why it's so normal with SS amps in the "bass world" compared to the "guitar world".
Quote by A Certain Death
my mum is a retard
You're not going to find an affordable all tube bass amp out there. Certainly not a new one. You can look into the old Traynor YBA's, and pair one up with a decent bass cab. That's probably your best bet. The Ampegs are great, too, but generally pricier.

You can play bass thru a guitar head as long as it's connected to bass speakers. I've played bass thru my Epi Valve Jr head - which is actually a pretty cool recording option.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
Quote by Hultan
That's it then, nothing more? Because I've always wondered why it's so normal with SS amps in the "bass world" compared to the "guitar world".

I'd guess that plus bass amps needing more wattage, and SS amps giving out more wattage for the money.
Quote by Lunchbox362
This thread if fail in almost every way imaniganable.