Hi,
I've been playing guitar for a couple of years now but have never really known a lot about amp's and pedals and such. Everyday I am getting more serious about creating music, but I really need advice on which good amp and pedal to buy. The music that I will be playing will be mainly the style that some call melodic death metal. Allthough I am not really the person that likes to attach bands to a certain genre, it will be like the music made by Kalmah, Norther, Imperanon, Children of Bodom etc.
Now my question is if anyone could help me to pick out a good amp and pedal with good distortion that might give me what I need. I know that the sound is different to everybody's liking but of course there are pedals and amps of a higher quality than others. I currently play on an Ibanez RG1570 Prestige.

Thanks in advance!
Mart.
Last edited by Flappy1975 at Jun 5, 2008,
his guitar is like 1000USD so i'm guessing he'll want to spend more than that on the amp?
I'm gonna go ahead and suggest the same amp I always do when people don't post their budget.

Soldano Super Lead Overdrive 100
Quote by weetadsftw
his guitar is like 1000USD so i'm guessing he'll want to spend more than that on the amp?

Assuming you're right...5150/6505, ENGL Fireball, Krank Revolution...and forget the pedal you probably won't need it with any of those
Considering all those bands used the 5150/6505 at some point in there career's, I'd have to go with that.
AMP:
5150 combo
GSP1101 + Tech 21 PE60

GUITARS:
ESP LTD M-255 w/ SD Full Shred
Kramer Vanguard w/ JE-1000 active preamp
Douglas WF-150sn w/ GFS "Hot Lead" set

EFFECTS:
Bos SD-1 (boost)
AMT DT-2

My Youtube Vids http://youtube.com/user/mogar
Quote by mogar
Considering all those bands used the 5150/6505 at some point in there career's, I'd have to go with that.

The man's got a point.
Oh I'm sorry for not posting my budget :p
Anyway, I'm not planning to buy this in a month but probably in October/November or even later and my budget won't be very big. Maybe around 500 euro's or something, I guess that would be around 750 dollars.