Page 1 of 2
Hey guys,

i can get a new amp i dont have a budget,

I play blues, classic rock, Metallica and Iron Maiden type of metal not Slayer or Anthrax type of metal. (even though Got the time is a brilliant song.)

Urm......

my gear:

Encore Strat.
Ibanez TCM-50.
Fender Custom FMT HH Telecaster.
Encore Classical.
Kustom 10W amp.

I am a bedroom guitrist BUT looking to be in a band. so anything between 15W-30W should do. Preffebly 15W because my parents say that even a 10W amp is too loud!
lol bless.

Anyways i have been playing guitar for neealy four ( 4 ) years now.

Vavle or Solidstate you decide.
If there's 'infinity' money you might as well get an amp custom made for you so that it does exactly what you want it to.
Gear:
Orange tiny terror
ENGL 2x12 cab
PRS Singlecut
MXR GT OD
Peavey classic 30 + maxon od808.
AMP:
5150 combo
GSP1101 + Tech 21 PE60

GUITARS:
ESP LTD M-255 w/ SD Full Shred
Kramer Vanguard w/ JE-1000 active preamp
Douglas WF-150sn w/ GFS "Hot Lead" set

EFFECTS:
Bos SD-1 (boost)
AMT DT-2

My Youtube Vids http://youtube.com/user/mogar
^
Fender Deluxe Strat HSS
Fender Standard Strat
Fender Highway 1 Tele
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Orange Rocker 30 Combo
Seymour Duncan Twin Tube Mayhem
Roland Microcube
Boss Micro BR
Korg Pitchblack
EHX Holy Grail
Hohner 3/4 Classical
Quote by howey
If there's 'infinity' money you might as well get an amp custom made for you so that it does exactly what you want it to.

okay okay but on a serious level i dont have a budget but i rather not spened anything above £800 but my dad is willing to pay more.
orange rocker 30 combo

/thread
Fender Deluxe Strat HSS
Fender Standard Strat
Fender Highway 1 Tele
Orange Rocker 30 Combo
Roland Microcube
Boss Micro BR
Korg Pitchblack
EHX Holy Grail
Hohner 3/4 Classical
Quote by mogar

ive heard that vavle are really loud so i want something 15wattish.

but something like those VOX AD30VT are those any good?
well if you want to play in a band I would suggest at least 30W tube amp
A hero of war, Yeah that's what I'll be

(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)
Oh and dont worry about 30 watts being too loud, cus at 15 watts ull struggle to get anything remotely clean to get over a drummer and theres always the volume knob......
Fender Deluxe Strat HSS
Fender Standard Strat
Fender Highway 1 Tele
Orange Rocker 30 Combo
Roland Microcube
Boss Micro BR
Korg Pitchblack
EHX Holy Grail
Hohner 3/4 Classical
If you have that much money, why get that Vox? As far as I know, that's pretty cheap, and a solid... you're going to want a tube amp, dude.
I have a little 10w Mesa that I use, its soft, but can get extremely loud. So I disagree, I think with a 15 you could maybe, maybe play in a band, But a 30 would be better most definitely.
Look at Mesa's, Orange, Marshall, ect... if you've been playing 4 years, you should know good tone by now...
(Personally, I would just upgrade everything if I were you. Sell All your stuff, except your Tele, and get a nice amp, get some pedals, nice guitar, etc...)
-D
This is a clever, witty signature. Rofl at my glory.
^ my vote goes to orange, i played one 2 days ago in mansons and am after one myself, it is perfect for what you play.

EDIT plus witht he left over cash you can buy extra gear like pedals, not that u'd need them but toys are always fun
Fender Deluxe Strat HSS
Fender Standard Strat
Fender Highway 1 Tele
Orange Rocker 30 Combo
Roland Microcube
Boss Micro BR
Korg Pitchblack
EHX Holy Grail
Hohner 3/4 Classical
Mesa Express 5:25

its switchable from 5 watt to 25 watt
Inspired by Ibanez RGA321F Prestige, Gibson Les Paul Standard
Powered by CAA OD100 standard+ , Mesa 2x12
Affected by Maxon OD808, Mad Professor Deep blue delay

^+1 or the slightly larger Mesa 5:50 express, will cover all modern rock tones very easily, will stretch to early metal as well, like tallica anthrax etc.
Quote by PendulousThread
orange rocker 30 combo

/thread

Secondededededed.
Quote by lizarday
oh yeah? well larry king the slayer guitarist owns bc rich guitars. (i think)
dont knock the vox,
a] it has a 12ax7
b] incredibly versatile, you'll get any sound you want [but dont use the auto wah lol]
c] can turn the actual power down instead of the volume, so you dont lose tone [just check out the vox website] so basically you can buy a loud as hell 100watt and still get the same tone at really low volumes

ive got the ad30vt and it is good

besides, its not 'cheap', its good value for money
True, but if you had the means to, would you get it again over a nice valve amp?
AMP:
5150 combo
GSP1101 + Tech 21 PE60

GUITARS:
ESP LTD M-255 w/ SD Full Shred
Kramer Vanguard w/ JE-1000 active preamp
Douglas WF-150sn w/ GFS "Hot Lead" set

EFFECTS:
Bos SD-1 (boost)
AMT DT-2

My Youtube Vids http://youtube.com/user/mogar
Quote by lozlovesstrats
dont knock the vox,
a] it has a 12ax7
b] incredibly versatile, you'll get any sound you want [but dont use the auto wah lol]
c] can turn the actual power down instead of the volume, so you dont lose tone [just check out the vox website] so basically you can buy a loud as hell 100watt and still get the same tone at really low volumes

ive got the ad30vt and it is good

besides, its not 'cheap', its good value for money
.......Lul.

Basically, what you're saying is he should buy it if he has an £800 budget?

I don't even like the Vox for the money, I doubt I'd like it if I could buy something worth 6 times as much.
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
Quote by Green_Jelly
Secondededededed.

sounds like good idea to me.

seeing as you have infinite money, why not send some to a charitable cause

like me
Try out a H&K statesman, or an orange (rocker 30 or AD30TC). Those were my two choices, and i play similar music to you.

I went for the H&K, due to my budget, but they are all amazing amps.
Adam
Soldano Super Lead Overdrive.

Or a Tworock amp.

Or a Marshall Silver Jubilee...

Oh, wait, you don't REALLY have an unlimited budget, or a proper grasp of the English language...

In that case, since you said you play a bit of metal, most people are going to recommend balls to the wall metal amps, so I'll do the opposite.

I would go with a AC30CC2x with Celestion Blues. Professional grade amp, and personally my favorite.
Quote by Jaekae
Mesa Express 5:25

its switchable from 5 watt to 25 watt

+1
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
Quote by adzlee123
Try out a H&K statesman, or an orange (rocker 30 or AD30TC). Those were my two choices, and i play similar music to you.

I went for the H&K, due to my budget, but they are all amazing amps.

This dude is right.
Orange Rocker 30 or H&K Statesman is the way to go. Test em, and you will be convinced.
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
Trouble is though, the express is more modern voiced so the rocker 30 will be better for his classic rock/blues tones whilst still having enough to do the metallica.
Fender Deluxe Strat HSS
Fender Standard Strat
Fender Highway 1 Tele
Orange Rocker 30 Combo
Roland Microcube
Boss Micro BR
Korg Pitchblack
EHX Holy Grail
Hohner 3/4 Classical
Quote by bartdevil_metal
^That's poor advice. An AC-30 can't go to Metallica style sound, not at all...

Just like a Mesa can't do a John Lee Hooker sound, or a BB King sound, or a Kinks sound.

He said BLUES AND CLASSIC ROCK before metal. The AC30 is a blues and classic rock amp.
Quote by imgooley
Just like a Mesa can't do a John Lee Hooker sound, or a BB King sound, or a Kinks sound.

He said BLUES AND CLASSIC ROCK before metal. The AC30 is a blues and classic rock amp.

I do not agree. A mesa DC-5 is a kickass jazz/blues amp. Alot of jazz/bluesplayers use it. But it is known as a rockamp.
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
Egnater Tourmaster, Matamp, Cornford, Mesa, Line 6 Spider III for the bRooTzalz!! (<they get everywhere!)
Quote by LP_CL
I do not agree. A mesa DC-5 is a kickass jazz/blues amp. Alot of jazz/bluesplayers use it. But it is known as a rockamp.

It's a very modern voiced amp. I really, really don't like it for that classic sound. It does not do vintage sounds well at all.

The one Mesa amp that I really like is the Lonestar. But even then, it's still very modern sounding.

And more blues players use JTM45s, AC30's, Twin Reverbs and Tweed Fender amps than Mesa.
use it on school

Infinity - not infanity
Quote by pengiunman
Hahaha you crack me up swansareroadkil.

:can't think of a smiley to put, your too cool:
Quote by mogar

Fine amp especially on a budget, but why would he choose that if his budget is unlimited?

How about a Mesa Lone Star special? Switchable between 5, 15, and 30W, and you could get an OD if you need it.
Quote by Sonicxlover
Kensai, I think I'll get a flamboyant sig.

Quote by Sonicxlover

Quote by Sonicxlover

Parker Nitefly Mojo sonnn
Jackson DK2M Dinky
Carvin Legacy
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Cube 30X
Quote by Sonicxlover
Fine amp especially on a budget, but why would he choose that if his budget is unlimited?

How about a Mesa Lone Star special? Switchable between 5, 15, and 30W, and you could get an OD if you need it.

I agree, the only Mesa with an exceptional clean sound (IMO).
ok yeah a ceriatone OR a rocker 30, i say a rocker tho
Fender Deluxe Strat HSS
Fender Standard Strat
Fender Highway 1 Tele
Orange Rocker 30 Combo
Roland Microcube
Boss Micro BR
Korg Pitchblack
EHX Holy Grail
Hohner 3/4 Classical
You could get a really good combo second hand, if u frequently check 'Mesa' on ebay for example, or whatever you want. Something is bound to come up within a few days, seriously.
Quote by imgooley

I didn't suggest a Mesa, I suggested a Rocker 30, which does both rock and metal and is more versatile than the AC-30.
Quote by bartdevil_metal
I didn't suggest a Mesa, I suggested a Rocker 30, which does both rock and metal and is more versatile than the AC-30.

+a lot
Fender Deluxe Strat HSS
Fender Standard Strat
Fender Highway 1 Tele
Orange Rocker 30 Combo
Roland Microcube
Boss Micro BR
Korg Pitchblack
EHX Holy Grail
Hohner 3/4 Classical
Quote by wolfie_man
okay okay but on a serious level i dont have a budget but i rather not spened anything above £800 but my dad is willing to pay more.

Get the new Blackstar Artisan 15W combo. I tried these out at a recent amp show, and loved them. I'm looking very seriously at the 30W model for my son. They're supposed to come out with a head version soon, and that's a little more appealing to me.

Anyway, great sounding amp. Switchable from 5W-15W. Two distinct voices. Hand-wired. Very impressive product for the price.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
Page 1 of 2