Im listening to Artifact: Perspectives now haha, STS9 is amazing. they are definitly my favorite band ever, I can't wait to see them w/ Umphrey's this summer.

Artifact is probably the cd you should start with first, but they have a lot of other good studio albums. Artifact: Perspectives is awesome, it's remixes of the songs from artifact with guest artists, and it's amazing. They also just came out with some other studio albums, Live at Home, Interplanetary Escape Vehicle, Offered Schematics Suggesting Peace, Seasons 01. these cds have many different songs that the band has been playing live for years and are recognizable, but there are many new songs too.

STS9's very best material is their live shows. Good ones to check out would be their new years shows at the Tabby. the two shows at Red Rocks Ampphiteatre in Boulder, Co on 9/7/07 & 9/8/07.
Get Peaceblaster its their best album for sure, doh good. See them live too its great
Quote by Pink_Floyd89
Hey baby, is that a mirror in your pocket or am I stabbing you repeatedly in the face?

The Slick Fingers of the Bass Malitia, PM IndieMetalHead to join

You don't own shit.
Peaceblaster is definitly a great album, though idk if i would say its their best, personally. It is a little darker and heavier on the electronica than previous albums, which are a little more chill and jazz heavy, but they all are fantastic. I really have to reccomend everyone get some of their live stuff, it tops any studio album.
These guys are really awesome live. They come through Lawrence quite a bit actually. I've seen them twice at least that I know of. I can't really remember, I'm usually very, very ****ed up by the time I get to the show.
yea sts9 is great i enjoy them. they put of a pretty good show at rothbury this year. id see them again if i got the chance.
Great band, and it's nice to see someone mention them here. I've seem them live a couple times and planning to head out for the last two nights of the NYE run this year.
I saw them twice this summer, once at theirs and Umphrey's tour opener, where they rocked it. Second time in Boston, and they brought it to town, they were so rediculously good. Personally though, I never cared for Artifact, although I think Peaceblaster is really good, but nothing compares to their live stuff.
Yeah I saw them with Umphrey's, it was ****ing insane. I prefer the more energetic style of peaceblaster for sure, especially live.
STS9 is the shit. i was watching one of there concert DVDs and they have guys up on stage doing performance art. Anyways they paint pictures on stage while the band is playing. Also they are alwys stoned, especially the bongo player.
STS9 is the shit. i was watching one of there concert DVDs and they have guys up on stage doing performance art. Anyways they paint pictures on stage while the band is playing. Also they are alwys stoned, especially the bongo player.
Ya i have a friend and his aunts boyfriend sells them tabs, anyways shes tripped with them alot and at most of the concerts and ive heard some pretty crazy shit.
Quote by Ramblin'_Man
generally more than stoned man. when i saw them i was tripping, it was the most intense night of my life.

yea when i seen them at rothbury i was on 3 hits of acid and some blunts. it as a killer show. im stoked to see them again in november.
i am!!! im seeing them november 19th in PA. totally stoked to get out to another tribe show. they are one of my favorite live bands that ive seen so far amazing shows.
Hippie jam band elevator music... nuff said.
Sitting on the edge of nowhere.
Watch Out or Ill Steal Your Girlfriend... or Wife.
Roll Tide
Quote by fudger
woah why the dis on the tribe???? there no need for it i dont bash your taste in music....

Not bashing, just stating my opinion. Trust me you would know if I was bashing.
Sitting on the edge of nowhere.
Watch Out or Ill Steal Your Girlfriend... or Wife.
Roll Tide
Im about to go to there house of blues show in dallas on the 1st. cant wait, crazy shit will happen
I've got tickets for the 30th and 31st of the NYE run. I was only able to go to one night last year, I'm looking forward to catching two this time.
2009 Tourdates

THU. FEB. 26 - The Fillmore - San Francisco, CA
FRI. FEB. 27 - The Fillmore - San Francisco, CA
SAT. FEB. 28 - The Fillmore - San Francisco, CA
SUN. MAR. 01 - The Fillmore - San Francisco, CA

THU. MAR. 05 - McDonald Theatre - Eugene, OR
FRI. MAR. 06 - Roseland Theater - Portland, OR
SAT. MAR. 07 - Roseland Theater - Portland, OR

THU. MAR. 12 - Orpheum Theatre - Madison, WI
FRI. MAR. 13 - Congress Theatre - Chicago, IL
SAT. MAR. 14 - The Pageant - St. Louis, MO

TUE. MAR. 17 - Orange Peel - Asheville, NC
WED. MAR. 18 - Orange Peel - Asheville, NC
THU. MAR. 19 - Georgia Theatre - Athens, GA
FRI. MAR. 20 - Georgia Theatre - Athens, GA
SAT. MAR. 21 - Georgia Theatre - Athens, GA

- TICKETS ON SALE TOMORROW AT NOON EST TIME thru STS9.com
- LIMITED # OF 4 DAY (SAN FRAN) PACKAGES AT $79.50 WILL BE AVAILABLE!
- LIMITED # OF 3 DAY (ATHENS) PACKAGES AT $59.50 WILL BE AVAILABLE!
- CONSIDER IT DAN HAS HOTEL / TICKET PACKAGES FOR SAN FRAN AND ATHENS AS WELL!
- THIS IS THE WHOLE TOUR, THERE WILL NOT BE ANY ADDED DATES.

I'm going to two of the NYE dates and now three shows at the GATH during my spring break. Pretty ****ing sweet.
Yeah it's pretty short, but it's nice to see multiple night runs. They are also hitting venues that they haven't been to in years like the Orange Peel and the GATH. I snagged the 3day GATH passes right when they opened at noon today, apparently they sold out in under a minute. I got lucky I guess.