Does the amp have a foot switch jack in the back of the amp, or possibly in the front...?
Last edited by GibsonStrat87 at Jun 5, 2008,
Quote by hawk_kst
buy one!?
I've never heard of anyone making a foot switch!

Quote by GibsonStrat87
Does the amp have a foot switch jack in the back of the amp, or possibly in the front...?

Yeah. I could buy one but i figured making one would be cheaper (I have most of the parts that i think i would need)
Quote by the_poison125

Yeah. I could buy one but i figured making one would be cheaper (I have most of the parts that i think i would need)

They're not usually more than 30 bucks, so I wouldn't go through all the trouble of trying to make one. Do a google search on how to make it if you still don't want to buy one.
What I did was email the manufacturer and ask them for the schematic for the footswitch. They gladly sent it along with a parts list. Most of the time it will be a latching or momentary switch redirecting signal to ground I think.
Quote by Peradactyl
alright, off topic but how do i make forum posts

Quote by The_Paranoia
a4lrocker is an offical thread legend.
You can just buy a marshall footswitch for lke £10 and upwards, making your own be that difficult, as long as your amp has a jack especially for a footswitch, then i wouldnt bother, unless you really want to install one into an amp, which will be a right ... :P
i made mine.

Its just a cable and make a switch that connects the hot tip to ground and it switches channels, very simple. And some of them might have two functions, switch a stereo cable comes in, and you just do the same thing with the sleeve.

Mine works fine, and cost me like 2$
But yea, your amp has to have a footswitch jack. This does not carry any signal so you don't even need to worry about grounding the enclosure, although it never hurts, lol.
-------------------------------
Faded Gibson SG Special - Black ice mod
Seymour Duncan SH-5 in bridge
B-52 AT 112
Ted Weber Mass100 attenuator
EHX Small Clone
EHX Metal Muff
DIY Modded tubescreamer
Dunlop 535Q Wah
Wax Potting tutorial
Quote by a4lrocker
What I did was email the manufacturer and ask them for the schematic for the footswitch. They gladly sent it along with a parts list. Most of the time it will be a latching or momentary switch redirecting signal to ground I think.

I'd would just email them like this guy did

And to all you people saying "buy one"- this is the gear building and customizing.