I have a 100 watt SS amp and im thinking about getting a 30 - 50 watt tube amp for Christmas.

If i get one of those signal splitters i could play through both amps at once getting an ass load of more tone control. tube overdrive with solid state distortion (Probably a marshal guv'nor pedal for the SS and an OD pedal for the tube)

What do you think of this? Reckon it will sound good?

What tube am would you recommend? Under $500. Must be tube. No hybrid or solid state.

Any flaws in this?
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Peavey-ValveKing-112-Combo-Amp?sku=481442

If you get that you shouldn't need any other amps to control your tone but if you're playing modern type metal you might want an OD pedal to push the gain a bit.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
What kind of music you looking to play on it?
AMP:
5150 combo
GSP1101 + Tech 21 PE60

GUITARS:
ESP LTD M-255 w/ SD Full Shred
Kramer Vanguard w/ JE-1000 active preamp
Douglas WF-150sn w/ GFS "Hot Lead" set

EFFECTS:
Bos SD-1 (boost)
AMT DT-2

My Youtube Vids http://youtube.com/user/mogar
Quote by mogar
What kind of music you looking to play on it?

Metal, Rock... ANything with a bit of distortion but a half decent clean tone would be good.
Quote by the_poison125
I have a 100 watt SS amp and im thinking about getting a 30 - 50 watt tube amp for Christmas.

If i get one of those signal splitters i could play through both amps at once getting an ass load of more tone control. tube overdrive with solid state distortion (Probably a marshal guv'nor pedal for the SS and an OD pedal for the tube)

What do you think of this? Reckon it will sound good?

What tube am would you recommend? Under $500. Must be tube. No hybrid or solid state.

Any flaws in this?

Dude you dont need to run them both at the same time, it proably will result in tone loss and sound like crap. IF you have a good tube amp there isnt much use for your SS after that point.

What kind of music are you playing, are you in a band situation and are you willing to buy used?
If it HAS to be under 500, the VK 112 is the only really good option for a new amp. If you can somehow bump that up a bit, you can go for either a B-52 AT 112 for 550 or a Randall RG50TC for 560.

If you don't mind going used, you can probably score a 5150 combo or a XXX combo.
AMP:
5150 combo
GSP1101 + Tech 21 PE60

GUITARS:
ESP LTD M-255 w/ SD Full Shred
Kramer Vanguard w/ JE-1000 active preamp
Douglas WF-150sn w/ GFS "Hot Lead" set

EFFECTS:
Bos SD-1 (boost)
AMT DT-2

My Youtube Vids http://youtube.com/user/mogar
Classic 30

It can do metal, just turn the preamp gain up on the drive channel and if need be put a vintage 30 speaker in it (OR JUST USE AN OD PEDAL IF YOU REALLY NEED MORE!) because mine gets heavy enough with out either of those things to handle Pantera. And it has awesome, totally totally awesome cleans.

Also
Used Peavey XXX or used peavey Ultra (precursor to the XXX)... great amps.