not the greatest from what i've heard from youtube clips
Get off this damn forum and play your damn guitar.
I wanna know about it too, I'm thinking of buying it.
One of my favourite band's guitarist uses it, and he got a great tone. I don't know if he uses the original from the 70's or if it's a reissue...
Here's the band so you can hear their tone: http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=30353903

EDIT: TS, you're talking about that yellow one, right? Not the Zakk Wylde sig. one I hope...
Quote by A Certain Death
my mum is a retard
Last edited by Hultan at Jun 5, 2008,
I tried one a couple of weeks ago and I was less than impressed by it.
"Make my funk the P-Funk, I want my funk uncut"
Quote by jambi_mantra
James, are you God?

Fender Highway One Tele
1985 Encore 335
Takamine EG523sc
Laney VC15
Vox V847
MXR M-108
EHX Q-Tron+, Big Muff Pi, POG
MI Audio Crunch Box
Yamaha DTXplorer DrumKit
Its more of an overdrive then a actual distortion pedal. So if your looking for an overdrive for a tube amp its decent but theres alot of other stuff out there that kills it....

And the distortion on it sucks even modded... I owned one for some time..
So if MXR Distortion is not good, what distortion would you suggest me? I like the sound of Slash's songs (GnR) also some Fall Out Boy, Paramore, Led Zeppelin, All That Remains, Killswitch Engage. Those type of sounds. I know there won't be an exact one, but just near to it.
Quote by ~Vincent~
So if MXR Distortion is not good, what distortion would you suggest me? I like the sound of Slash's songs (GnR) also some Fall Out Boy, Paramore, Led Zeppelin, All That Remains, Killswitch Engage. Those type of sounds. I know there won't be an exact one, but just near to it.

ibanez tube screamer, boss blues driver. two great pedals, can't go wrong with those.
Traynor YCV50 Blue
epi les paul w/ SD Alnico II pros
Dunlop Slash Wah
EH Deluxe Memory Boy
Moen Jimi Vibe
Danelectro Cool Cat Fuzz
Zvex Vexter Fuzz Factory
VHT 2x12 w/ V30's
Quote by ~Vincent~
Uhm are those near the sounds of the band I mentioned?

Not really, on their own. What amp do you have?
Ow my amps is very crap. also my guitar. I don't have any good guitars yet. Mine is just from here in our country. Also my amp. so what amp do you recommend? Marshall is my choice. It's good right?
Yeah. I've a Marshall and they're the best.

Anyways, sorry TS if I hi-jack your thread a little here.
But would the MXR distortion+ be good with a Bluesbreaker + Strat? I just want the best, simplest dist. pedal possible.
Quote by A Certain Death
my mum is a retard
Last edited by Hultan at Jun 6, 2008,
I tried it the other day.. I only tested it on the clean channel and didn't push the gain more then halfway since I had to leave so didn't finish testing it but I had a tubescreamer next to it and the TS-808 blew the thing away on the clean channel..

when I go back up there though I'ma go ahead and test it out again, see what it's like on the dirty channel and with more gain on the clean..
Quote by forsaknazrael
No, Marshall is NOT the best. I'm guessing, at your price level, my fellow pinoy, your selection of Marshalls would be their MG line. Forget. Not worth it.

See if you can get your hands on a Roland Cube 30 or something.

Is it just me or are a lot of Pinoys showing up around the forums lately?

+1 to his suggestion, though.
The MXR is a Distortion. Different beast than the Tubescreamer. I've owned both. The D+ is a little meaner than it's cousin, the DOD 250/YJm with more gain, better bass response, and more pronounced mids. It's best used in front of an EQd clean channel, rather than as any kind of boost or into an amp with a flat EQ. They are meant to supply distortion, pure and simple. You're going to defeat the purpose of it using it any other way. Get your amp's EQ how you want it and click on the pedal. It's a lot gainer than a Tubescreamer, not to mention harsher. A tube screamer pushes the tubes into distortion. The TS by nature is going to sound a lot smoother, particularly with a tube amp.