This is going to be my 3rd attempt at getting my drivers license today. Each time I failed last time was because of totally different things so I think I've got it this time. I'm not even a bad driver, I've got my parallel parking and K-turn down perfectly.

Anything I can do to help pass? Not like "Pay attention to the road", but buying the instructor chocolate or something?
BRIGHT LIGHTS PUT ME IN A TRANCE.
but it aint house music that makes me want to dance.
I passed my 3rd time, just drive like an old lady but not too old because, well ... there is a minimum speed.
I'm taking my test next month. I've got to drive a stick-shift, but I've been driving an automatic for a year...
just chat to your instructor...

actually strike that,

sus out your instructor first, if he/she seems like an approachable nice person, then chat etc.

if they look like an absolute car nazi, shut the hell up and focus on the road.

The mean ones hate people with spirit so act like a gargoyle and drive well and you will win the game.

apart from that, don't pre-empt your tester, always ask questions when you're not 100%, he says "turn left" you confirm with "left here?" seriously, let them know you're listening...

and of course,

DON'T FÜCKING CRASH!

Awesome Edit: I passed first time using my guidelines
Last edited by Shredder XXX at Jun 5, 2008,
Oh, and pay close attention to speed limit signs. I failed my first test because I was in a school zone and the limit was 40 instead of 50. I didn't notice the sign and went 50 and speeding is an automatic fail.
Good luck - I've still gotta do my theory lol.

Just stay calm and remember everything that your driving instructor has told you - remember, MSM - Mirrors, signal, manouvre
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
Everyone who is taking a road test today, listen up. If you get into a wreck, the instructor is responsible. Take advantage of that, and enjoy.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
Thank you for the heads up. What time are you guys going out? I'll make sure to stay off the road for a bit.
Oh and good luck.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
don't make any sudden moves and don't do anything you don't have to do... that kind of stuff usually worries the examiner

when i took the test it felt like i had butterflies and meal worms in my belly... i was really nervous. anyway, good luck
I see no sign of fortress.
i only just failed my first one because i was too "hesitant" (ie, i didn't want to get smashed by a massive 4x4 at traffic lights, which the instructor conveniently failed to notice), and i failed my second one because i was just having a crappy day in general. i didn't sleep, i was exhausted from walking miles the day before, i had period pain, the sun was really low and bright in the sky following a massive rainfall, and i had a really creepy, mean instructor.

so i need to book a third one soon. hopefully it'll be third time lucky
MEMBER OF THE LAUGAM BRITISH HIT SQUAD! HONORARY MEMBER OF THE SWEDISH LAUGAM HIT SQUAD!
I'M JUST SEE THROUGH FADED, SUPER JADED, AND OUT OF MY MIND
<//////>~ dA
Esther is officially awesome and smart - Frenchy
Quote by esther_mouse
i only just failed my first one because i was too "hesitant" (ie, i didn't want to get smashed by a massive 4x4 at traffic lights, which the instructor conveniently failed to notice)

Undue hesitation is only a minor and you're allowed 15 of - how many times did you hesitate? lol
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
Quote by Yngwi3
Undue hesitation is only a minor and you're allowed 15 of - how many times did you hesitate? lol

no no, it wasn't undue hesitation, this is what he told me afterwards lol

he basically failed me because some guy cut me up at traffic lights, and rather than keep going and get my car smashed up, i stopped and let the guy go. i mean, to be fair, there wasn't anything else i could do, but the examiner was rather...reckless.
MEMBER OF THE LAUGAM BRITISH HIT SQUAD! HONORARY MEMBER OF THE SWEDISH LAUGAM HIT SQUAD!
I'M JUST SEE THROUGH FADED, SUPER JADED, AND OUT OF MY MIND
<//////>~ dA
Esther is officially awesome and smart - Frenchy
I got it the first time. It's simple. Not too much to be scared of.
Need fashion advice?

Quote by PaperStSoapCo
I wish I had a dick like a black guy instead of my little white dick.

Quote by JoelTheShredder
i love you more than words can express jean.

I saw Rick Astley in Quebec City, on April 10th 2009. Best day of my life!
Talk about the band muse to the instructor, it worked for me and i hit a curb and stopped behind a row of parked cars thinking it was traffic
Quote by slayaplaya

(oh! maybe some one will sig that witty comment! maybe not...)
I just got back, I passed!
BRIGHT LIGHTS PUT ME IN A TRANCE.
but it aint house music that makes me want to dance.
Quote by Joe-Fish
Congrats Joey
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Eat a large breakfast consisting of boiled eggs, cabbage, cheese, and some diced broccoli. You'll get your license in 5 minutes, guaranteed.
Is it a bad thing if one of your testicles is larger then the other two?
i passed mine first time with 2 minors, for goin round a corner in too high a gear (3rd gear too high, wtf) and hesitance, (theres a goddam car coming). but i should have got more cus i was doing 40 through a 30 zone and doin loadsa small things like i went off without the handbrake fully off.
but well done anyway
"Marty Friedman > You" Club.

Quote by CoreysMonster

Buy the toilet Hendrix crapped in for the full "Jimi Hendrix Experience"

PM me if you think my drummer looks like angry kid

so far 61 people think he looks like angry kid
We don't have to parallel park. Congratulations.
To a shredder, a second is a long time.

Member of the UG Gentlemen of Higher Thought Establishment.

Invite only, if you want to be considered, contribute well to UG, and respect others as much as possible!
hmm... took me ten minutes- parallel parked and hit the curb and still passed... easy
Quote by innertom
So much down syndrome

remember UG Community? thought so.
i passed second time.

the first time i was ridiculously nervous, so yeah i blame that. the second time felt like a drive, not a test. i remember feeling no pressure, no nerves, and i only got 5 minors and 1 was for steering one handed soo yeah. also, during my second test i didn't get asked to do an emergency stop, which i only realised like 3 days afterwards when people asked me what i'd done.
"And after all of this, I am amazed...

...that I am cursed far more than I am praised."
Quote by Joe-Fish

Congrats man.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Quote by Aidy Damage
I'm taking my test next month. I've got to drive a stick-shift, but I've been driving an automatic for a year...

MANUAL, god damn you!

*slaps*

On topic: I've got my test in 2 weeks, pretty nervous about it. My mate took his today, but he failed. Apparently he pulled onto a roundabout too soon. Pretty worried because he's a better driver than me and he failed :S.

TS: How much do driving tests cost in the US? Because three attempts would cost £150 over here- the equivalent of over $300.
Quote by buckethead_jr
^And known for that bloody awesome croissant with a crown.
Man that's badass.

MINE SIG R PINK
Failed my first because I couldn't see the stick behind me when I did a reverse parallel park (I was used to practicing it in the same position), and also because I started off down a street with at least 5 20km speed bumps down it - so nervous when I moved off the kerb I totally forgot and went over the first one at 30km.
I passed the second time but a random auditor guy suddenly rocked up, disputed with the tester and decided to fail me, the bitch. I was being so careful I accidently gave way to a car on the left through a roundabout.

I feel too discouraged to take my 3rd but I will have to in 3 days. *sigh*
electro music alliance

Moon of The Mighty Boosh Appreciation Society PM *Juno* to join!

Quote by The 6th String
I learned to dance by watching amputees have seizures...