I have a '97 Gibson Les Paul Studio in good cosmetic condition, but there's a crack on the bottom of the headstock that was repaired. Some guy wants to trade it for his Ibanez RG570EX, plus a hundred and fifty bucks top-up. Should I do this trade?
I play mostly metal and hard rock, if that's a consideration as to which one I should use, but mostly I'm concerned with which guitar is worth more.
Ask him to up it to 250 and you got a deal.
AMP:
5150 combo
GSP1101 + Tech 21 PE60

GUITARS:
ESP LTD M-255 w/ SD Full Shred
Kramer Vanguard w/ JE-1000 active preamp
Douglas WF-150sn w/ GFS "Hot Lead" set

EFFECTS:
Bos SD-1 (boost)
AMT DT-2

My Youtube Vids http://youtube.com/user/mogar
I wouldn't even do that if I where serious about playing, that's a major downgrade in quality.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
I don't think you should swap. If the guitar still plays as before, its the same guitar except with a bit of history on it now.
Gibson Studio vs Japanese Ibanez? Not much of a difference quality wise, if anything the Ibanez will shade it and they're worth about the same, the Gibson maybe a bit more. If he wants to give you 150 plus the Ibanez and it'll suit you better then it's worth doing.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
but its a giiiiiibson, if that was me I'll keep the gibson and save up for a new guitar
Quote by Sigma-X90
but its a giiiiiibson, if that was me I'll keep the gibson and save up for a new guitar

prepare for abuse
Gibson 58 RI VOS Custombuckers
Mesa Lonestar Special 2x12
Personally I'd keep the studio - But that is me.
Your friendship is a fog, that disappears when the wind re-directs (YEAH!)
Quote by Snapple
prepare for abuse

Nope - not from me, anyways. I love Gibsons and would walk over hot coals to own one, especially a Les Paul.