i think the artist models are made in USA
Ibanez RG321MH (Air Classic/Tone Zone)
Fernandes Telecaster (Twang King/stock bridge pickup)
Blackstar HT-20 (Scumback 55 speaker/ Tung Sol tubes)
TC Electronic Nova Repeater
Lava Cables Clear Connect, Soar and Mini ELC
I played one a couple days ago (nice axe BTW) it says made in USA on the headstock, so I'm assuming that means it's an MIA.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
I'm pretty sure it's Mexican because I read somewhere that it is the first Fender Custom Shop guitar to be made in Mexico. It's $699 as well, and that's stupidly cheap for a MIA
mexican. i'm sure about that. i also read it wasn't any better than a standard mexican tele, by the way...
There's a good chance it's a MIM but i'm thinking since it's a signature it'd be MIA.
Thanks all, the reason I ask is my mate recently bought one, he paid £700 here in the UK for it, but all it says on the head stock is fender telecaster, doesn't say Mexican or American.
Doesn't really matter. the only difference is the mexican ones are made by mexicans in mexico, and the american ones are made by mexicans in california.
Quote by Sir-Shoelace
manliest string guage? barbed wire.

Founder Of the UG Slide Player's Guild, PM me If You're Really Feelin' Dem Blues

THE PIT
"better than your average psychiatrist"
Quote by Flamingrhythm
There's a good chance it's a MIM but i'm thinking since it's a signature it'd be MIA.

Yeah, but take a look at some of the signatures like the Jimmie Vaughn. $675 sounds like MIM to me.
Quote by shredmeiser101
Doesn't really matter. the only difference is the mexican ones are made by mexicans in mexico, and the american ones are made by mexicans in california.

But I thought the Mexican ones weren't as good as the American ones! Is this correct? As standard Mexican telecasters are cheaper than the American ones.

PS: what does MIA and MIM stand for?
Quote by MRWHITE35
But I thought the Mexican ones weren't as good as the American ones! Is this correct? As standard Mexican telecasters are cheaper than the American ones.

PS: what does MIA and MIM stand for?

He was joking.

MIA: Made in America
MIM: Made in Mexico
Quote by TheProducer
He was joking.

MIA: Made in America
MIM: Made in Mexico

Thanks ;-)
Quote by MRWHITE35
Thanks ;-)

For the record though, the MIM ones are of a pretty decent quality and some would argue that while the MIA ones are better, they're not necessarily worth it.
Quote by TheProducer
For the record though, the MIM ones are of a pretty decent quality and some would argue that while the MIA ones are better, they're not necessarily worth it.

Thanks again, I think he would be pretty peed off!! if it is a Mexican one, as I think he thinks it was made in America,