im honestly stumped at what to get to be honest, im looking for an amp thats up to £200 [$390] thats good for melodeath and death metal, im not particularly bothered about cleans, and im willing to go a bit over that budget.

ive thought about laneys, rolands and crates, but all reviews ive read didnt really say anything special about the distortion, just name a few amps that would sound allright in that price range, i know they wont be spectacular but my current amp [crate gt15 or something] only just sounds ok with a behringer metal pedal and the amps gain is muddy as hell.
"Swim in a lake of death, eaten by crocodiles!"

Gear:
Jackson RR3
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Stagg C 442
Randall RG100G3 plus combo
Roland Cube 30X
TS9 Tubescreamer
i was hoping to not have to use a pedal but if i have to i suppose i could. i shouldve said im looking for an amp thats 30 watts or over.

Gear:
Jackson RR3
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Stagg C 442
Roland Cube 30X
TS9 Tubescreamer
*EDIT*

Just noticed you said pounds, not euros.
AMP:
5150 combo
GSP1101 + Tech 21 PE60

GUITARS:
ESP LTD M-255 w/ SD Full Shred
Kramer Vanguard w/ JE-1000 active preamp
Douglas WF-150sn w/ GFS "Hot Lead" set

EFFECTS:
Bos SD-1 (boost)
AMT DT-2

My Youtube Vids http://youtube.com/user/mogar
Last edited by mogar at Jun 5, 2008,
thats the amp im thinking about, but i cant find anyone saying that its good for metal, most say its better for hard rock at most.

Gear:
Jackson RR3
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Stagg C 442
Roland Cube 30X
TS9 Tubescreamer
im gonna get flamed for this but if your not gigging and just playing at home or jamming get a line 6 spider 3 combo. when you start gigging get a tube half stack.
i tried out my friends line6' and it didnt sound too great when cranked up but its a thought.

would running a tubescreamer through the roland help or would it just end up with a load of buzzing and feedback?

Gear:
Jackson RR3
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Stagg C 442
Roland Cube 30X
TS9 Tubescreamer
Roland Cube 60.
Don't run any pedals other than EQ or wah through it though - most pedals + modelling amps = epic failz.
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
Quote by dan ramP
thats the amp im thinking about, but i cant find anyone saying that its good for metal, most say its better for hard rock at most.

No way. That amp sounds pretty mean doing metal.

definally recomend it!