Update: I got around to recording with a cheap mic I found on my Martin Acoustic, it sounds much better quality wise and I make fewer mistakes

I still don't play it true to the song. I learned it differently, but I play it how I mean to play it, lol.

If anyone wants a crit back just leave me a comment and I'll get to it

In my profile
link

haha, like the title says. I have no mic, so here's the deal. This is recorded from an esp ltd w/ EMG 81/85 into a solidstate marshall avt50, and then from the marshall's emulated line out to the computer sound card. So imagine what it might sound like. That all said, I sorta rushed through this, and i don't play it too faithfully to the song.

But i'm not ashamed to post it, and i'll give feedback to anyone else too

edit-

left a comment on yours, great song!

pwrmax- I've messed around with a bit, even tried using a pick and distortion, maybe someday something will come out of it, haha. I have a martin acoustic I like to play it on more than anything else, but I have no mic yet lol. I want to make an acoustic version with programmed drums next I guess.
Last edited by supralightning at Jun 8, 2008,
That's not bad quality audio. It's pretty good for something that's rushed, try to incorporate some thing you can do with electric instead of playing note for note like harmonics. A little distortion might help but don't go too far or it's not going to sound good. This would sound pretty good played by a full band.
I didn't want to start a whole new post, but I got a new version I recorded with a mic and my acoustic, check it out if ya want:

my profile

I'm much more pleased with this recording, and I will c4c anyone so feel free to comment.