This really just started as my attempt at using a nice set of chords I made a little white ago (see the interlude). I don't know how it got to be seven minutes long, but I just finished it last night, so it's still pretty sketchy.
Attachments:
steam v2.zip
"Optimism," said Cacambo, "what is that?"
"Alas!" replied Candide, "it is the obstinacy of maintaining that everything is best when it is worst."
Last edited by Gravenimage at Jun 5, 2008,
It was good progressions, just realllyyyy realllyyyyy long. The 8th notes for the bass sound weird also by the way. The solo was great, I enjoyed it.

Crit4Crit?
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=875390
-Gear-
Mesa Triple Rectifier---Bogner/Line6 SpiderValve---Orange PPC 4x12

-Pedalboard/Rackmount-
Alesis MidiVerb4--BBE SonicMaximizer 442--Ibanez TS9
Boss DD-3--Morley Mark Tremonti Wah

-Guitars-
Ibanez ART-100
Ibanez S-470
Which eight notes in particular, and how do you sound weird?

Also, it wasn't that long. I'm a big fan of progressive music, though, and one thing led to another with this piece. I just couldn't find an appropriate way to end it without that.

Thanks.
"Alas!" replied Candide, "it is the obstinacy of maintaining that everything is best when it is worst."
Made some slight changes (removed last measure in interlude to curtail redundancy, changes some notes in the ends of both solos, the bass is fingered, reorganized chord names, and some other things).
I really liked it. It was just a little slow. There's nothing really wrong with it ,but it could use some drums. =P

I really liked Theme A and the interlude.

If there was anything I would change, it would be the tempo.. But that's all I can say, so I'm sorry for such a small critique. lol