This is more or less a progressive thrash piece. lol It's pretty short to be either (3:43 or something), but it fits the description implied.

I'm not crazy about the bass, but people always say "Needs bass," so I decided to throw it in there last second. I like the song better without it, but to each his own.

I just got back from seeing 3, Between The Buried And Me, Opeth, and Dream Theater in concert, and this is what I played. So there's the reason it's messed up. =P

There was going to be more added on to it, but it got to the point where I felt it was being forced, so I stopped it. I also forgot a freaking awesome riff I was playing because I was trying to figure out how to transition into it, and forgot how to play it when I got that worked out. lol

Well, I hope you enjoy it. Let me know what you think and I'll probably do yours too.
Attachments:
Voice Of A Betrayed Soul.zip
first of all, i do love someone who can use time signatures tastefully.

was that an appearance of metallica's one towards the end?

it took me a while to get my head around some parts. it was brilliantly put together, i must say.
Quote by ctb
was that an appearance of metallica's one towards the end?

it took me a while to get my head around some parts. it was brilliantly put together, i must say.

I doubt it was One... I have no clue how that song goes and I've only heard it like two or three times in my life. lol

And thanks, I was writing and some parts I was like "That should be put later in the song to change it up more." And listened to that instead of shrugging it off. lol