So i had my first A level exam this morning: the totally useless General Studies

An hour and a half of time and i finished in half, so i set about covering 3 whole pages of my answer booklet with elaborate drawings of mudkips, lol wut pear, lazers, references to the game and the entire lyrics of 'never gonna give you up'

since then ive been pondering whether i can actually lose marks for this, or even be failed that exam....discuss...should i repeat on future pointless papers?
Quote by Shred Head
You have an atrocious sense of humour!

Quote by StrayCatBlues
You win 100 hilarity points.

Spend them wisely.

Quote by GrisKy
you're a funny, funny man, chimp in a tux... funny indeed.
If I was marking a paper, and I found the last 3 pages full of an idiots scribbled drawings, I would probably be very harsh with the mark scheme.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
u shoudnt be failed for it, but i wouldnt do massive elaborate drawings on it, ask for a piece of paper and doodle on that instead
Quote by FrenchyFungus

Awww, thanks Frenchy

Quote by Cobain_Is_King
I got a packet of Love Hearts when I was six and every one said 'You Have a Tiny Penis'

Hate humans? Click here
Quote by rabidguitarist
If I was marking a paper, and I found the last 3 pages full of an idiots scribbled drawings, I would probably be very harsh with the mark scheme.

+1

It doesn't show a great amount of intelligence or maturity on your part
----
Quote by Random3
hah i got a detention in year 7 for doodling all over my science... i gave some spiders nuclear weapons and tommy guns, and someone throwing up everywhere. not worth a detention if you ask me

Haha That's AWESOME!!
you shall be penalised
No endeavour rivals science in its incremental progress towards a more complete understanding of the observable universe.
Quote by rabidguitarist

This one, and my history teacher went librarian poo at me when I doodled in the mock A levels, kinda scared me off doing it.
Quote by Alter-Bridge
If I had sex as much as you said the word "shit" I would be paris hilton.

Quote by rworsl
I have never felt closer to either cheese or weasels

Quote by Vermintide

DURN THING DUN GONE MESS UP AGIYAN. MARGE, FETCH ME MAH BOOMSTIYAK
Quote by chimpinatux
So i had my first A level exam this morning: the totally useless General Studies

An hour and a half of time and i finished in half, so i set about covering 3 whole pages of my answer booklet with elaborate drawings of mudkips, lol wut pear, lazers, references to the game and the entire lyrics of 'never gonna give you up'

since then ive been pondering whether i can actually lose marks for this, or even be failed that exam....discuss...should i repeat on future pointless papers?

Dont.

Ibanez s540 with gold Schaller bridge and OMGGOLD hardware

Ibanez RGR320 with Lo-Edge Pro bridge and scalloped fretboard

Lee Jackson XLSC - 500

Roland Microcube

Dunlop Jazz III black
Quote by DieGarbageMan
theres always a chance your examiner likes pokemanz.

who doesnt like the pokemanz??

but seriously, if the person grading your paper is an old party pooper type person, youre screwed.
If the teacher likes you or isnt that strict, he/she might just laugh
i drew optimus prime on my mock english A-levels, didnt get any points given or taken away but the examiner did comment on my quality scetch...
you gonna get raped!!!!!!!

Actually, thinking about it, I doodled in my C4 paper.

I completely messed up a question, and proved that 0 = 0.

Then I attempted it again, and proved that 2 = 0

So I accompanied that discovery with a (¬_¬
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
if they deem it offensive, then they can refuse to mark it i believe, at least thats what i was told.
i dunno... I mean, my APUSH exam essay section has so many drawings from various movies it would suck if they could just not grade it...
Quote by Mr. La Fritz
"all fatties report to the gym!"

Quote by mosh_face

music should only sound like a train running into a wall of BC riches plugged into line 6 spiders
Quote by b2spirita
if they deem it offensive, then they can refuse to mark it i believe, at least thats what i was told.

then id better hope the examiner likes pokemanz..
or happens to browse 4chan a lot, that would be a fluke

then again this is for general studies, which our school makes us do on top of our other subjects and doesnt really count for much and isnt accepted by nearly all unis, its not such a big deal
Quote by Shred Head

Quote by StrayCatBlues

Spend them wisely.

Quote by GrisKy
Quote by Broken_Drum
You'd be putting across a terrible first impression with the marker. If they saw a page full of ridiculous scribble I doubt they'd be very lenient with the marks you get.

its not exactly a first impression though, its right at the end, so they read through a few pages of well thought out, eloquent reasoning and then turn over the page and LOL WUT...
Quote by Shred Head

Quote by StrayCatBlues

Spend them wisely.

Quote by GrisKy
The examiner can refuse to mark your paper, thus failing you, but only if the doodles are offensive.
You'd better hope the examiner liekz mudkipz.

Edit: Well that's what I get for not reading everything, my whole post has been stated before.
Aww.
Quote by mynamesedson
I asked my son he said nothing but he just asked me he wants a psyachatrist (spelling?) Because he heard voices calling out his name. What a freak.

Control your life through insanity.

Igneuspentheism
I don't think you lose marks for it - What else are you meant to do when given 90 minutes to do an exam that only takes 60 minutes max.

I wrote 'This Page Intentionally Blank' on the 5 pages of the answer booklet I didn't need. I also used the term 'bitch magazines' to describe women's magazines when answering the essay about how the meeja influences people.

I failed one of the AS modules that I doodled all over, although my answer to the essay question on it was 'I couldn't give a toss', so that was more likely to be the reason I failed it.
Quote by urbanfox
I failed one of the AS modules that I doodled all over, although my answer to the essay question on it was 'I couldn't give a toss', so that was more likely to be the reason I failed it.

hahaha
epic.

and TS, you're supposed to draw on your arms and hands when you're done
My name is Danny. Call me that.
in my senior biology exam there was a part that required you to explain the result of DNA replication where drawing additional diagrams to help was optional. I drew a blue pair of pants labelled "pair of genes".

now that I think back, it's more likely that I lost marks then gained any.
electro music alliance

Moon of The Mighty Boosh Appreciation Society PM *Juno* to join!

Quote by The 6th String
I learned to dance by watching amputees have seizures...
http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c137/Fate_of_Mind/Doodle.jpg

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c137/Fate_of_Mind/Doodle2.jpg

This is me from grade nine math.

EDIT:

My favourite part is in the second one, me and my friend took turns drawing a single thing at a time, attacking each other. So, he drew Bugs Bunny digging under ground, and my defense was Elmer Fud .
Last edited by Fate_of_Mind at Jun 5, 2008,
Someone was doodling in my English Language exam today. An invigilator picked it up and made a dick of the dude in front of the whole year.

Aaah how I love school.
I drew a whole bunch of surrealist crap with subliminal Nazi imagery in mine, and one drawing that is a metaphor for Joseph Stalin getting pouned in the butt by Freddie Mercury. My history teacher straight up fell out of his chair laughing when he saw it.
ALWAYS

WANNA BE WITH YOU,
MAKE BELIEV
E WITH YOU,
AND L
IVE IN HARMONY, HARMONY,

OH, LOOVE!
I did draw on my general studies exam booklets, but in pencil. I rubbed it out afterwards.

I won't have that much spare time in any of my other exams :|
Quote by SteveHouse
Also you're off topic. This thread is about Reva eating snowmen.
They won't take away any marks that you've already got.
Just make sure you have some marks first though; if you just doodle all over the exam paper they might make you pay for it, it's just like not turning up for the test (which they charge you for)
I hope it doesn't seem, like I'm young, foolish, and green.
Let me in for a minute, you're not my life but I want you in it

O Dayya, te echaré de menos, siempre

Y siempre
Y para siempre
I never draw on my tests, but if I really don't know the answer I'll try to come up with the most ridiculous and non related answer there is. I remember some question about cultures being mixed up, and I said something about several famous musicians (I think Jimi Hendrix, Robert Plant, and I don't remember the rest, I had about 5 or 6) doing a funk version of an old reggae song as a promotion of their cultures.

Oh yeah, and on my finals, there was this question about who was right in the situation, there was a woman and a man with their views (it was on economics). I was about to say that the woman was wrong, because she's a woman, but that wasn't the correct answer (I mean that the woman was right in the situation) and I didn't want to lose any points on my finals, they might necessary for graduating xD.
Quote by Dudududa
+1

It doesn't show a great amount of intelligence or maturity on your part

Who cares it's General Studies

Spend them wisely.
Quote by abstract pie
Ahh the pit. Where conversations of Pokemon Cards can turn into ones of wizard homosexuality

You are everything I want...
...'Cause you are...

...Everything I'm not.

Atheism. Is. Not. A. Religion.
Today's saints were yesterday's sellouts
my friend doodled on his gcse mock and the teacher gave him a U, so if youve got a stingy guy marking the paper he might penalise you. general studies papers have tick boxes so id assume a computer marks that paper, best to not doodle on others though.
"Swim in a lake of death, eaten by crocodiles!"

Gear:
Jackson RR3
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Stagg C 442
Randall RG100G3 plus combo
Roland Cube 30X
TS9 Tubescreamer
u spend too much time on ug.
"Where the Beatles wanted to hold your hand, the Stones wanted to fuck your sister or daughter"

My profile
Quote by dan ramP
my friend doodled on his gcse mock and the teacher gave him a U, so if youve got a stingy guy marking the paper he might penalise you. general studies papers have tick boxes so id assume a computer marks that paper, best to not doodle on others though.

this is the real thing, not a mock
oh and it must be a different GS paper we do because ours is essay based..so basically its on full display

Quote by vlp_dope
u spend too much time on ug.

uhuh
Quote by Shred Head

Quote by StrayCatBlues

Spend them wisely.

Quote by GrisKy
Quote by rabidguitarist
Actually, thinking about it, I doodled in my C4 paper.

I completely messed up a question, and proved that 0 = 0.

Then I attempted it again, and proved that 2 = 0

So I accompanied that discovery with a (¬_¬

Ooooh - me and my friend proved something similar in our english project - we found that 16=17, 4=4, x=x and y=y. We were so goddamn proud!!!

*facepalm*