I'm thinking about buying some parts from Warmoth to build a bass, a p bass to be more specific, however I also really like the feel and sound of my Warwick, so if I get a swamp ash or bubinga p bass body and a wenge/ebony jazz bass neck (cant find a p bass one on there that uses those woods), an MEC 2 band EQ and an EMG split coil pickup will I have made a sort of p bass, Warwick cross breed or just a mess?
I've Made You A Drawing of a Giraffe Fucking an Elephant. Notice How His Moustache Looks Just Like Mine.

Your Mother's Got a Penis
^BTW Schroedinger's cat exemplifies the problem of altering the result of the experiment by the nature of the observation, does it not?
There's no experiment here, so far as I can see. It would sound like a Warwick. It sounds pretty cool, however. Maybe you should build it, and licence the design to Warwick...
haha, could be an idea if I could also get Warwick to pay off Fender when they sue me but still let me keep 100% of the profit
I've Made You A Drawing of a Giraffe Fucking an Elephant. Notice How His Moustache Looks Just Like Mine.

Schroedingers cat has nothing to do with this! Can we keep the theoretical physics out of the Bass Forum?

Regardless, I'm not sure you can get Bubinga bodies for Bass. I just took a look, and they don't offer them in their pricing range, but maybe when you phone they'll accomodate you. The necks they offer are "one size fits all" so there's no distinction between a P and J bass neck for them, just different headstock shapes.

To be honest, I'm not sure what P pickups in a light density wood like Swamp Ash will sound like. They'll be quite trebley, but they might lose some of their low end domination...

Some points for you to think about .
In the bass chat:

<Jon> take the quote of me out your sig plx
<Jon> i hate seeing what i said around lol

Leader of the Bass Militia PM to join!

And now on BANDCAMP!

Officially the funniest member of the Bass Forum.
Keep in mind, however, that Warwick doesn't use a split P neck pickup very often, and they only really use ebony on fretless boards. Also, don't forget the bell-brass frets. There's no production line Warwick that's spec'd out to what you have. The closest is perhaps a Streamer LX with the neck pickup solo'd.

So, it'll be a Warwick inspired axe, but I don't think you're gonna fool anybody.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
I have en ebony fretboard on my Warwick, and I canonly recommend it. I love the feel and look of it, and I prefer the slightly darker tone it give than wenge.
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
Quote by thefitz
Keep in mind, however, that Warwick doesn't use a split P neck pickup very often, and they only really use ebony on fretless boards. Also, don't forget the bell-brass frets. There's no production line Warwick that's spec'd out to what you have. The closest is perhaps a Streamer LX with the neck pickup solo'd.

So, it'll be a Warwick inspired axe, but I don't think you're gonna fool anybody.

I'm not really looking to make people think it's a Warwick, actually Warwick inspired describes it perfectly.

I'm just looking for something with a punkier sound than my corvette, but made from the same materials as I really like the weight and feel, obviously a p bass body is bigger than a corvette, so it will be heavier if I use bubinga, but I'm a big fan of heavy basses so that doesn't really put me off. Just got to wait until payday now to order the parts