Instead of buying a signature model you should go for a standard Jazz or P bass. The signature squier seems a bit gimicky.
don't know much about bass guitars, but don't just buy it because you think it looks great.
A hero of war, Yeah that's what I'll be

(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)
You can get a VM P bass for pretty much the same price, it will be much more versatile. Although the best thing you can do is try as many basses in your price range as you can and buy the one that feels the best to you

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Squier-Vintage-Modified-Precision-Bass?sku=519638
I've Made You A Drawing of a Giraffe Fucking an Elephant. Notice How His Moustache Looks Just Like Mine.

Your Mother's Got a Penis
Last edited by faultyy at Jun 5, 2008,
Quote by Pizza The Hut
If it has anything to do with Fallout Boy it can't be very good.

It's actually a pretty good Squier, the only think "gimmicky" about it is the decal.
Quote by denizenz
Cute in English is the same as grim and frostbitten in Nordic.

Gear:
Washburn T14 B
Laney RB-1
inb4flames

I would suggest either the new classic vibes series or the VM series P. The pete wentz bass is overpriced and doesn't sound that good.
Quote by hippiebass

I would suggest either the new classic vibes series or the VM series P. The pete wentz bass is overpriced and doesn't sound that good.

+1

Or you could save up another $100/$150 and get a Fender MIM p-bass...
Gear:

Musicman SUB 5
Ibanez SRX305
Ibanez GSR200
Ashdown MAG300 C115
Ashdown MAG 210 cab

Soon a Fender Deluxe Jazz V & an LTD 206
Quote by watchingmefall
It only has a volume knob.

So what? You're hardly going to get much of a varied tone with one split coil anyway
Quote by denizenz
Cute in English is the same as grim and frostbitten in Nordic.

Gear:
Washburn T14 B
Laney RB-1
Quote by About 2 Snap
So what? You're hardly going to get much of a varied tone with one split coil anyway

Better to have a little tone variety than none at all. It's a gimmick, like the Mark Hoppus bass.
I gotta say, that neck isn't so shabby, but the one volume knob is off-putting and regardless of how cheap it is, you're paying for that goofy decal and mr. wentz's name. I'd strongly suggest looking into other squires, although less flashy you'll probably get more bang for your buck. However, the best thing to do is go to a store and try out all basses, even some that you might not have considered in your price range.
Quote by skater dan0
...and the bassist comes up to the EQ and moves all the sliders into the typical smiley face pattern and in a really thick Jamaican accent said "you can't have de bass without de smiley face"
I've made a shocking discovery.

It is the exact same specs as a VM, minus two differences:
- The VM has a tone knob
-The Wentz sig has a maple neck

So if you like it, go for it.
*vomits*
Quote by breakdown123
Is there such a thing as a heavy riff with out chugging on the e string?
go for a VM. Then you won't get beat up if you ever play for a metal band.

or, get an Ibanez GSR200. good bass, highly suggested.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom