Page 1 of 2
If you are standing on the moon, or even Pluto, what would happen if you took off your space suit or your helmet? Would you just die or would your eyes pop out or your head explode? Ive been wondering for quite a while

Thanks for answering.
If you're in space, and there is zero gravity, then there is absolutely no pressure. Removing a pressurised suit means your body explodes because it is built to withstand the pressure on earth.

I don't know what would happen on the moon or pluto. But it probably wouldn't be comfortable.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
most likely, all the oxygen would instantly be sucked from your lungs and would suffocate. That is, unless you don't turn into an ice cube first. That's all just an assumption though.
well it does seem like it is possible to explode, the space suit regulates pressure and if you take off your helmet the pressure could escape causing you to explode
you gonna get raped!!!!!!!

You couldn't stand on Pluto. Too far, and too cold.
Need fashion advice?

Quote by PaperStSoapCo
I wish I had a dick like a black guy instead of my little white dick.

Quote by JoelTheShredder
i love you more than words can express jean.

I saw Rick Astley in Quebec City, on April 10th 2009. Best day of my life!
Quote by happytimeharry
most likely, all the oxygen would instantly be sucked from your lungs and would suffocate. That is, unless you don't turn into an ice cube first. That's all just an assumption though.

do that in space, and your head would explode before you suffocated
Quote by FrenchyFungus

Awww, thanks Frenchy

Quote by Cobain_Is_King
I got a packet of Love Hearts when I was six and every one said 'You Have a Tiny Penis'

Hate humans? Click here
Quote by thedudemeister
do that in space, and your head would explode before you suffocated

sweet...
and what the hell is up with pluto not being a planet, i didnt go through school thinking i knew ALL the names and that little rhyme, just to be told its a lie and pluto is too small to be a planet
you gonna get raped!!!!!!!

Quote by Zorro.AJ
and what the hell is up with pluto not being a planet, i didnt go through school thinking i knew ALL the names and that little rhyme, just to be told its a lie and pluto is too small to be a planet

I think it's stupid.

Who sets the standards for how big something has to be to be a planet?

And it's been a planet for all this time and noone minded, what's the point in suddenly saying that it isn't?
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
Obviously, you melt, vaporize, and become a star after traveling across the cosmos.
Quote by rabidguitarist
I think it's stupid.

Who sets the standards for how big something has to be to be a planet?

And it's been a planet for all this time and noone minded, what's the point in suddenly saying that it isn't?

from what i understand, the people that voted on Pluto not being a planet sort of tricked the pro-Pluto people. at the big astronomy conference the anti-Pluto people told everyone that there was nothing more going on, so the pro-Pluto people all left. after they were gone they voted on getting rid of Pluto.

on topic: you would freeze and suffocate.
Quote by uhh_me?
from what i understand, the people that voted on Pluto not being a planet sort of tricked the pro-Pluto people. at the big astronomy conference the anti-Pluto people told everyone that there was nothing more going on, so the pro-Pluto people all left. after they were gone they voted on getting rid of Pluto.

But pluto never hurt anyone.

Why do they always take it out on the small guy?
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
if Frieza can survive in space, you can survive in space
--
--
I'm Always Thinking...

--
--
pluto got downgraded to a dwarf planet because it doesnt have enough gravity pulling power, which it sometimes crosses the path of neptune which PLANETS dont cross paths lol this is along side the planets Ceres and Charon which are also dwarf planets
Quote by Ergin
If you are standing on the moon, or even Pluto, what would happen if you took off your space suit or your helmet? Would you just die or would your eyes pop out or your head explode? Ive been wondering for quite a while

Thanks for answering.

A little man appears and gives you candy.
Quote by rabidguitarist
But pluto never hurt anyone.

Why do they always take it out on the small guy?

It's not like they blew it up or anything.

Besides, look at all the publicity Pluto gets now.
like that movie with Arnold S? Where they got thrown out of that building and they were on mars or something like that and they were going all "googly woogly ach ach ach"
Quote by innertom
So much down syndrome

remember UG Community? thought so.
It could really ruin the day to get your head exploded. The reason i set up the Moon and Pluto as example is becouse i wanted a comparison. I think i would rather die on the moon than Pluto.
I had a gif once who showed a star that made Antares the size of a pixel in comparison, Canis Majoris or something was the star's name.
freeze to death before anything happens I suppose
[img]http://img300.imageshack.us/img300/3760/356h356h365pc1.png[/img]
Die Ruhe vor dem Sturm.
The question is... how did you get to pluto without dying of old age?! It (Supposedly) takes thousands of years to get to pluto, therefore, you'd be dead before you could find out. BTW... the oxygen would be sucked from your lungs. You would then proceed to depressurize, causing your eyes to pop out. Then, you'd either freeze to death due to the extreme climate, or you'd suffocate, whichever comes first. And, eventually, yeah, you'd explode. It's the full package.
If you break a world speed record for a video game, are you a winner, or just someone who REALLY needs to go outside?

Quote by AdemaOnYourHead
My favorite Pokemon is still Dave Mustaine.
Quote by wokketywok
I had a gif once who showed a star that made Antares the size of a pixel in comparison, Canis Majoris or something was the star's name.

does that do anything for you?
Quote by rabidguitarist
If you're in space, and there is zero gravity, then there is absolutely no pressure. Removing a pressurised suit means your body explodes because it is built to withstand the pressure on earth.

I don't know what would happen on the moon or pluto. But it probably wouldn't be comfortable.

The gravity is not what keeps your body from exploding, the atmospheric pressure is. Even if there was enough gravity, your body would still explode without an atmosphere adding pressure.
And I mean that in the best possible way.
Quote by SilenceIsGolden
The gravity is not what keeps your body from exploding, the atmospheric pressure is. Even if there was enough gravity, your body would still explode without an atmosphere adding pressure.

Nope. No explosion. Sorry. Freeze dried baby.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
no your body dosent explode it is a mith created becouse the term for suden deprsuisation is called explosive decompression

Misunderstandings of the meaning of the words are quite likely to be a fuelling factor for a persistent myth that humans would explode if exposed to the non-pressure of outer space. Accidents in space exploration research and high-altitude aviation have shown that while vacuum exposure causes swelling, human skin is tough enough to handle a drop of one atm. A sudden drop of eight atm in the Byford Dolphin accident had intensely fatal results.

basicly 4 people where presured at 9 times the presure of the surface and the instantlt depresurised to 1 times surface presure only one person explode and that was partly becouse he was sived by an open door
✠ ☠ ✠
RIP Ronnie James Dio

Fendi Shoes is actually extremely advantageous.
yeah...no exploding or shriveling up guys.

According to MANswers:

First, you would pass out from lack of oxygen, shortly thereafter freezing to death, then just floating around space, a frozen lump of human. You would survive about 1 min 45 seconds, but would pass out within about 5.
Quote by bucktheduck

Call me troll, call me psychopath. In the end, I shall stand above you all as you drown in a pool of sex and filth. It will explode your corrupted bodies, and I will walk above the wreckage as a pure man.

Quote by DieGarbageMan

Haggard13 i are impressed
Wow, quite a few theories, but I'd like to see more alien based answers...
Proud Member of UG's Smartasses
PM Temporary to join.

"This isn't Vietnam, it's bowling! There are rules!" - Walter

"Steve Holt is a bastard!" - Will Arnet as G.O.B.
didntanybody watch magic schoolbus. your body gets covered in ice and your frozen til you get thawed. then when you are you have a cold!
Your blood would boil because there's no pressure.
That's about it. Your internal organs will still match the vacuum outside your body, so you won't explode, but blood will probably come out your eyes and ears and various other orifices.
Quote by sirrjj
no your body dosent explode it is a mith created becouse the term for suden deprsuisation is called explosive decompression

Misunderstandings of the meaning of the words are quite likely to be a fuelling factor for a persistent myth that humans would explode if exposed to the non-pressure of outer space. Accidents in space exploration research and high-altitude aviation have shown that while vacuum exposure causes swelling, human skin is tough enough to handle a drop of one atm. A sudden drop of eight atm in the Byford Dolphin accident had intensely fatal results.

basicly 4 people where presured at 9 times the presure of the surface and the instantlt depresurised to 1 times surface presure only one person explode and that was partly becouse he was sived by an open door

Wait a minute, what?
Quote by Diet_coke_head
I love taking a nice dip of some horse shit, so good.
it doesn't matter because it would never happen. The earth is flat and outer-space is just a government conspiracy.
PSN: snakeXdoctor

Quote by OneOfTheseDays
My friends cat smokes, wears a leather jacket and swears at me when i look at it.He is really fat so it makes it even more funny.
i watched an episode of the magic school bus once where some kid took his helmet off on pluto and his head just froze. yeah
Bada Bing

FIGHT LIKE A BRAVE

Shaga shaga woop woop...woot woot funkay funkay!
Page 1 of 2