Page 1 of 2
hi everyone, this is my first post here- and i hope i'm in the right section!!

nways, i've been playing guitar for over a year now and i was looking forward to buying my first electric guitar this summer.

the budget for the guitar is around $220-240 usd. i play mostly metal.
i've decided to buy the esp f-50/f-100, but some of my friends have somehow termed it "pussy" and "not metal like"----in terms of looks!!
they insisted to get one from b.c rich. but at this budget the only thing that suited me was the Metal Master Warlock (black with silver).

they both play really good for me. but i've heard bad things about lower end b.c rich guitars and their durability. it is also made of agathis wood body.

can anyone express their honest opinions about both these guitars? i'm really nervous that i would look like a wannabe with the b.c rich!
Last edited by tsf at Jun 5, 2008,
Go for the ESP.. BC Rich makes good guitars, but in your price range they'll be crap. Atleast you'll get a decent guitar with ESP
Member of the Thrash Brotherhood

Quote by valennic

You sir are a genious.

Quote by notsojoeyb4eva

Winnah right here.
Quote by klb93
Go for the ESP.. BC Rich makes good guitars, but in your price range they'll be crap. Atleast you'll get a decent guitar with ESP

Agreed, expensive B.C. Rich guitars are quite nice, but their low end axes are not very good. Esp LTD's low end guitars are still pretty good quality.

And by the way, Metal is in the eye of the beholder. I have a Dean Vendetta 3.0 that is hot pink and people call it metal...
Out here you've gotta know where your towel is!
ESP all the way man. i agree with klb93, bc rich down in that price range are horrible.
'79 Fender Deluxe Reverb
Gibson Les Paul Classic
Fender Stratocaster
Ibanez TS9, Keeley TS9 Baked Mod
Zendrive

LOOOOOK INTOOOOOO THEEEE PICCCTUREEEEEEEEE

Member of UG's Gain Whores - pm gpderek09 to join
Neither of them are very good for the price. I'd say the ESP would be a little better, but still not great. Go for a low end Ibanez like the RG321.
Heads will roll. Throats will be slit. Blood will flow like springs of water.
ESp for your price range. BC Rich makes good guitars starting from $1000. anything below that price is crappy.
Ibanez RG321MH (Air Classic/Tone Zone)
Fernandes Telecaster (Twang King/stock bridge pickup)
Blackstar HT-20 (Scumback 55 speaker/ Tung Sol tubes)
TC Electronic Nova Repeater
Lava Cables Clear Connect, Soar and Mini ELC
They are both crap. F-50 is terrible, trust me I know from personal experience. Its made of agaithis too. Look at the lower end Schecters or an Ibanez Rg321.
Schecter Daimen FR Special
Guitar Rig 3
Get the ESP. No contest with a low end B.C. Rich, they can be BAD ideas.BTW your "friends" deserve a good kick in gonads if they have any.
Gear:
B-52 ATX-100
Mesa Oversized recto 4x12
Jackson DKMG (w/ BareKnuckle Warpigs )
Ibanez Acoustic

Feel free to add me or PM me.
To be honest at that price you won't get a great guitar, but ESP LTD are better sounding and better looking than B.C Rich. I find B.C Rch guitars horrible personnally. Get new friends
im a bc rich guy, but at ur budget, go with an ibanez. they look and sound pretty damn good for not to much cash
Quote by LesPaulHer0
"in the grand scheme of things, nobody cares"

Gear:
Dean 10K Commemorative Razorback
Ibanez RG 3EX1
BC Rich Mockingbird Evil Edge
Fender Acoustic
Marshall MG250DFX
Ibanez Weeping Demon Wah
Electro Harmonix Small Clone Full Chorus
esp, but look for a different guitar, f series is awful i thin, look at a low end viper or explorer
Quote by tsf
but some of my friends have somehow termed it "pussy" and "not metal like"----in terms of looks!!

i know what you mean man, there's no way any metalhead would ever use an ESP

your friends are idiots
Quote by pedaler466
Shreadhead22 had nothing helpful to say to me. He just immediatly started being a prick.

Quote by Yngwi3
Shredhead's advice is the best in the thread.

-Mesa Roadster
-Mesa 4x12
-'93 Gibby LP studio
-535q
-CE5/DD-220
-TS9dx
-EB volume
-Shure Wireless
I would save up a little more. You will buy a 250$ guitar and then you will want something that is more expensive. I would just save and get a nice ESP! I have a F-250 and i love it. Thats what i would go for!
ESP, to emphasise the point, BC Rich make crap guitars in that price range. I'm not actually sure about ESPs at that price but they've got a much better reputation for making quality guitars than BC Rich.
Get an ibanez

I would recomend an RG321MH for a fixed bridge

Then swap in some new pickups
Well i'm just going to make this one short and sweet.

I've never played a top dollar esp and I own a B.C. Rich but...

It would seem ESPs come better equipped considering many come equipped with a pair of EMG pickups.
Esp
我会关闭我的耳朵,和我的心; 我会变成一个石头
"I will close my ears and my heart and I will be a stone"
Though let it be said, that just because they are quite the metal guitar company, their instruments are versatile enough to do quite a bit more than just metal
我会关闭我的耳朵,和我的心; 我会变成一个石头
"I will close my ears and my heart and I will be a stone"
don't listen to your friends and think you have to get a 'metal' guitar, chances are you'll grow out of metal and regret buying one, like my friend and his bc rich.

For your first electric i recommend a low end ibanez, either the RG321 like someone has already mentioned or the GRG170dx.
wow! thats a lot of reply in an hour! thanx!

well, my friends r drummers so i guess all they care about is a frontman with a wicked guitar!

i thought about getting the RG321, but a lotta ppl in my school has the same guitar. so i wanted something that would stand out.

i was thinkin about starting with the f-50/f-100. but later i may swap in a EMG zakk wylde pickup set. do u think this is a good idea? i kinda need the guitar right now then save up for the pickups.
Quote by tsf
wow! thats a lot of reply in an hour! thanx!

well, my friends r drummers so i guess all they care about is a frontman with a wicked guitar!

i thought about getting the RG321, but a lotta ppl in my school has the same guitar. so i wanted something that would stand out.

i was thinkin about starting with the f-50/f-100. but later i may swap in a EMG zakk wylde pickup set. do u think this is a good idea? i kinda need the guitar right now then save up for the pickups.

there's no point in upgrading that guitar IMO, why cant you just save up for a better guitar with EMGs that come factory installed?
Quote by pedaler466
Shreadhead22 had nothing helpful to say to me. He just immediatly started being a prick.

Quote by Yngwi3
Shredhead's advice is the best in the thread.

-Mesa Roadster
-Mesa 4x12
-'93 Gibby LP studio
-535q
-CE5/DD-220
-TS9dx
-EB volume
-Shure Wireless
well, guitars that comes with factory installed EMGs costs around $700, which is 3x my budget!

maybe ur right. there's little point upgrading this guitar. but i'll just get this now 'cause i'm still a starter! then buy a whole new guitar later.

thnx for the replies, dat really helped!
Save up about 500-600. Much more quality guitars in that price range especially used guitars you can get in that range.
ESP, decent stuff on their cheaper line.

BC Rich's low end guitars blow.

^
He's laughing at YOU.
You better click that bastard.

Ibanez RG370DX
Peavey Valveking 112 (w/ Bad Monkey and GE-7 EQ)
I'd say get the ESP. If you get a BC Rich, the only good ones are $700 and over. If you are open to other suggestions, Epiphone (IMO) makes the best entry level guitars. I have also heard lots of praise for Schecters low price spectrum. Same with Jackson and Agile. Just avoid noob-traps like AXL, low end BC Riches, and Starter packs.
Also numero uno fact here: where the hell is your amp? EMGs in a **** guitar going though a **** amp will always sound like ****. Save a bit more and get a RG321 or maybe even an Agile guitar of some sort and get a decent starter amp.
**** bc rich get the esp, and if your friends are saying its not metal enough casue of the looks, then they are gay and have no idea what they are talking about.
esps are generally better in lower price brackets. as for them being for "pussies" and looking non metal, thats a stupid idea & shops that your friends know nothing about "metal", take the les paul, one of the most widely used guitars in metal, because its about the music, not the pointy bits that stap you in the crotch.
Check out the ESP LTD EC-100 not bad for the price range in my opinion.
Page 1 of 2