I am planning on recording a few demos - just vocals and guitar. I have an interface, amps, mics etc. but am trying to figure out what recording program is the most intuitive (also not trying to spend very much). I have Garage Band already, but was wondering if there are better options to use on my mac - (i can also use a pc if absolutely necessary)

I would really appreciate any advice.

Thanks,
Garageband is absolutely perfect for you. Learn to use it, it's full of useful features.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
GarageBand is the best for beginners IMO...
for more advanced work I think cubase works with Macs.
and you can check if Reaper does as well...
Last edited by moody07747 at Jun 5, 2008,
Stick with Garage Band. "Real" recording programs, such as Pro Tools, will run you many hundreds of dollars.

If you are serious about recording, Pro Tools would be a good investment. It is however pretty ****ing expensive.
Quote by BeefWellington

what's the point in being "philiosophical"?

Interesting question...
and for beginners it should be known that Protools isnt the best choice. It is an extrememly hard program to learn. Colleges like mine teach the program though a few classes.

but once again, he is looking for beginner type software.
Quote by moody07747
and for beginners it should be known that Protools isnt the best choice. It is an extrememly hard program to learn. Colleges like mine teach the program though a few classes.

but once again, he is looking for beginner type software.

It is hard to learn. It is also the industry standard. So like I said, if someone is serious about getting into recording, it is a worthwhile investment.
Quote by BeefWellington

what's the point in being "philiosophical"?

Interesting question...