it's probably pores in the wood, and your guitar is dried out. You need to store acoustic guitar in humidified cases
Suhr Custom, Flaxwood Rautia or Grosh Tele thru
HBE Medicine Bawl Wah
Analogman BiComp
Texas Two Step OD
Fulltone Ultimate Octave/Fuzz
Boss CE-2
TC Nova Delay
SLO-100, 65 London or Bogner Shiva
Ask me about any of this stuff!
it looks like mold has it gotten damp?
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Antisocial Behaviour Order. A chav's equivalent of GCSEs.
is it where your arm sits ? .. maybe your deodorant ? .. are you using any type of cleaner on it .. the same thing happend to my rosewood bridge but its cause i put some type of lemonoil on it and it made the pores white for some reason ..
Quote by rancidryan
it looks like mold has it gotten damp?

Thats what I thought, but its not been anywhere damp, cold maybe but not damp

Quote by timmyinpajamas
is it where your arm sits ? .. maybe your deodorant ? .. are you using any type of cleaner on it .. the same thing happend to my rosewood bridge but its cause i put some type of lemonoil on it and it made the pores white for some reason ..

It's not where my arm sits further down the body, cant seem to find my guitar cleaner
Last edited by Silverfonz at Jun 5, 2008,
I don't think it's just the pores enlarging due to dryness - if that was the case, you'd see it all over the guitar - not just in one area - and there would be other symptoms of your guitar being dried out (frets sticking out, top and back becoming concave, a hump in the fretboard where the neck joins the body, finish checking, cracks in wood, etc.).

Weird, when I look at the full-size pictures I can see many thin parallel lines running through the spots. It's not finish checking, because the lines are all perfectly parallel and it looks like they run underneath the finish. Can you feel the spots with your fingers, or are they beneath the finish?

If the white stuff is emerging from the wood beneath the finish, my best guess would be mold. The parallel lines could be very light striations from a factory sanding belt (???) and the mold is growing along the striations under the gloss coat? If you want to rule out mold, just take off all the strings and look in there with a pen light. If there is mold, it will be VERY obvious from a quick glance inside.
Last edited by sunshowers at Jun 6, 2008,
yeah, i think it's just some molds.. can't you just wipe them away with a cloth or something?
Gear:

PRS SE Standard
Ibanez AEG8E-NT w/ Seymour Duncan Woody SC
Yupangco Classical Guitar
Korg AX5G
Marshall MG50DFX
Vox Pathfinder 15R
Quote by sunshowers

Can you feel the spots with your fingers, or are they beneath the finish?

Yeah you can, I'll take it along to a shop when I get back home, thanks for all the help guys!
It looks more like an overspray from something rather than mold or anything else. Have you used an aerosol can of anything near the guitar recently? Perhaps bug spray, or air freshner? It could even be from FingerEase. I have to be really careful using that stuff because I had those exact same looking spots all over my acoustic. I wasn't covering the guitar with a towel when I sprayed the fretboard. A soft small cloth dampened with rubbing alcohol cleaned it up. It didn't hurt the finish (luckily!) and I was able to put a coat of guitar wax over the top of it to protect the finish again.