i love my classic 30 except for the fact that it feedbacks really easily if i turn the gain and volume up high

the feedback gets really bad when i use my EH english muff'n and my tubescreamer, i can't put the gain on the muff past 5 w/o really bad feedback and the tubescreamer makes feedback even with the drive on the lowest it goes

i have tried new cables, a complete re-tubing, even different guitars and have gotten a slight improvement but the feedback is still there

is the feedbacking normal? what can i get to fix it if it's not normal? would i be better of just letting an amp tech look at it?
what kind of guitar are u using?
Traynor YCV50 Blue
epi les paul w/ SD Alnico II pros
Dunlop Slash Wah
EH Deluxe Memory Boy
Moen Jimi Vibe
Danelectro Cool Cat Fuzz
Zvex Vexter Fuzz Factory
VHT 2x12 w/ V30's
Last edited by psychokiller99 at Jun 5, 2008,
could it be external interference? Is there a tube TV in the room, or a computer monitor? Other magnetic speakers? My cell phone even causes feedback when receiving emails. It may be something other than your rig.

However, given that adding distortion makes it worse, its most likely one of your pedals or your guitar (especially single coils and/or cheap pickups of any type)
Suhr Custom, Flaxwood Rautia or Grosh Tele thru
HBE Medicine Bawl Wah
Analogman BiComp
Texas Two Step OD
Fulltone Ultimate Octave/Fuzz
Boss CE-2
TC Nova Delay
SLO-100, 65 London or Bogner Shiva
Ask me about any of this stuff!
the guitar is an rg 370 with a paf pro in the neck, lace sensor silver in the middle, and a super distortion in the neck, i'd say it could be the bridge pickup due to it being high output but the problem is still there when i switch to the neck and middle and before i changed out the pickups
Last edited by Dance_of_Death at Jun 5, 2008,
Quote by Dance_of_Death
the guitar is an rg 370 with a paf pro in the neck, lace sensor silver in the middle, and a super distortion in the neck

if you are using a hollowbody, semi-hollowbody or any type of single coil pickup guitar, then you are gonna get a lot of noise. it also doesn't help that you are playing with a **** ton of gain with a muff pedal and a tubescreamer. you don't have them on at the same time do you? if you do, then of course your amp is gonna scream.

are ur pickups high output? if they are then that just adds to it. get a hum eliminator.
Traynor YCV50 Blue
epi les paul w/ SD Alnico II pros
Dunlop Slash Wah
EH Deluxe Memory Boy
Moen Jimi Vibe
Danelectro Cool Cat Fuzz
Zvex Vexter Fuzz Factory
VHT 2x12 w/ V30's
yeah the super distortion is high output and i don't run the muff and the screamer at the same time, that would be suicidal

as for hum elimators, how is the isp decimator, i've heard a lot of good things about it
Turn down the gain if you are using pedals through it!

If that doesn't work, try moving futher away, and turn away.
Cam Sampbell's my hero