Page 1 of 2
so a band i was in have invitedme to their next practice to show me there regim for the talent show that is beign held at my school ; they invited me because i know the most about bands in general.

i know full well how bad this band is, and i know that they think there guitarist is better than me, id say were on the same page.

but the aim of this story is ; i want my ex-band to say ' WOAH we should still have him ' or something of the like.

so i need some riff/lick/solo that will impress easily, and dont say eruption, i cant play it. Ive been playing 7 months but im fairly ahead of the curb

thanks.
the first solo from master of puppets.

it's quite slow and easy.
Stand up and cheer if you like SimCity

Play Up Pompey, Pompey Play Up
THE WiLDHEARTS

Quote by goest
I'm going to take this opportunity to initiate my campaign to replace the phrase "Taking a shit" with "Busting a grumpy."
Eruption isn't really hard. It's a bunch of tapping and a little bit of fast-picking scales. If you can't do a solo like that, then you can't really "show off". You can learn a simple solo like from Godsmack perhaps. But solos based on pentatonic scales aren't really that impressive unless you're like Zakk Wylde and you can do them rediculously fast.

But who knows, maybe your friends are stupid and don't know the difference between something that sounds good and something that is technically sound as well as good to listen to.
mmmmmmhmmm

That's exactly what I've been trying to say.

Quote by munkymanmatt
brilliant
Well I tried doing the same thing so I learned ERuption and they didn't care at all. even though they can't play Master of puppets and by the way Master of Puppets is very easy to play. Seek and Destroy is also very easy. Mustaines Hangar 18 solos are easy for me but Friedmans are another story. Learn Lamb of God riffs they are very epic.
the intro lick to seek and destroy by metallica
its awesome
if you can, play the middle 8 riff before the solo as well
they're not too difficult but they sound kick ass
Quote by freakypop
go learn some sweeps!!!

Very good idea sweeps will rape their ear pu***** so ahrd they'll think that your a god. But they are reasonably difficult to get down/
Quote by DieGarbageMan

i know full well how bad this band is, and i know that they think there guitarist is better than me, id say were on the same page.

but the aim of this story is ; i want my ex-band to say ' WOAH we should still have him ' or something of the like.

The REAL question is : 'why do you want to be in a band that you know sucks?"
This solo should be guarenteed to impress, although you'd probably have an extremely hard time with it if you can't learn Eruption:

Jon Donais (from Shadows Fall) Redemption Solo:

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=EXV1kSWXEZA
mmmmmmhmmm

That's exactly what I've been trying to say.

Quote by munkymanmatt
brilliant
Quote by Son.Of.TheViper
The REAL question is : 'why do you want to be in a band that you know sucks?"

He doesn't, he just wants to be an ass.
Quote by MorbidVirus
pmg play thru fire and flamez duh!

dragonforce is leik krazy fast

on expert!!!!!!!!!111
Got on the bus with me daysavaaaa
Quote by Son.Of.TheViper
[you can answer both questions if you're wanting it ]

When did i say i wanted to be in there band?
when did i say i wanted to be an ass?

you can answer my questions now

kthxbye
You implied that you wanted them to feel terrible about kicking you out of the band. Which in turn makes you an ass. You said it pretty openly.
Quote by DieGarbageMan
Implication^

What I'd recommend doing is going and listening, and telling them what you think and what they should improve on if they're as bad as you make them out to be.
Last edited by triggerhappy19 at Jun 5, 2008,
Quote by DieGarbageMan
When did i say i wanted to be in there band?
when did i say i wanted to be an ass?

you can answer my questions now

kthxbye

I got the ass part from the quote in my last post,

and the part where you said you wanted to be back in their band was implied in my first post where I quoted what you said in the post that started this thread.
just bust out Ytse Jam or Universal mind. That'll pretty much leave them drop jawed.
PLAY UP POMPEY

POMPEY PLAY UP!

Quote by Son.Of.TheViper
I got the ass part from the quote in my last post,

and the part where you said you wanted to be back in their band was implied in my first post where I quoted what you said in the post that started this thread.

i never said i wanted to be in there band.

yes you can see it implyed but it wasnt implyed.

i just want them to suck it. plain and simple.
if you're better, then why are you worried and asking us about it?

i try not to aim to impress because thats when i get ahead of myself and screw up. but if you're fine, then i guess whatever floats your boat.
Quote by DieGarbageMan
so a band i was in have invitedme to their next practice to show me there regim for the talent show that is beign held at my school ; they invited me because i know the most about bands in general.

so i need some riff/lick/solo that will impress easily, and dont say eruption, i cant play it. Ive been playing 7 months but im fairly ahead of the curb

thanks.

Don't do it. I doubt they would care if your band ends up sucking, and you'll just make a fool out of yourself.
Quote by LPDave
and my mom then told me to masturbate more.

Quote by Toastbot

Big burly men grunting without shirts on pretty much summed up my childhood.

Quote by The Leader
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do more look like?
If they invited you to watch and critique them, then why would you be playing in the first place?

Why don't you not be a dickhead and just give them constructive advice?

I don't understand why everybody is so obsessed with being the best.
All that will be going on in their heads is, "Glad he's not in the band anymore, what an egocentric prick."
Peace.
duh learned brown eyed girl. a little "buh duh bum buh duh, buh duh bum buh duh, buh duh bum buh duh duhhhh" is sure to attract plenty of attention. good attention.
XU
Show up with a supermodel on one arm and the drummers mom on the other.
AMERICA
AMERICA
AMERICA
Quote by Atreideslegend
satch boogie

I love playing that song
TOO MANY PUPPIES

Soda sucks.
The calls for Bleed by Meshuggah, Scarified by Racer X, or Addicted to that Rush by Mr. Big.

And since these songs are all incredibly complex I agree with every one else about not being a douche.
Play Seize the Day.

Or The Final Countdown.
Barry White is cooler than you
Quote by Deliriumbassist
I really wish I could say you're funny and cool, but that would be like saying Africa doesn't have a poverty problem.
Page 1 of 2