Hey guys this is my new MIM Fender Stratocaster and Roland Cube 30X that I bought eariler today! Enjoy the pr0n..

Body close up:

Headstock:

Roland Cube 30X
My Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Fender MIM Stratocaster
Yamaha Pacifica 112v
Epiphone G-400
Cheap acoustic

Roland Cube 30X
USA Big Muff PI
Dunlop Crybaby Wah GCB-95
Whats this guitar like to you? I mean, what do you play with it and how does it hold up? I've been thinking more and more lately that I want a Strat instead of a Les Paul(which I'd been eyeing for a long time). But the music store around here doesn't carry any authentic strats...just the really cheap copies.
Chaos

Quote by Phobos&Deimos
I never brag about how incredibly awesome I am.

Ah, guitar pr0n, you never let us down.
Quote by Lamont

i once dreamt my wallet was on a helicopter and i chased after it. and eventually i pulled my dick out and lassoed the bottom of the copter and pulled it out of the sky. i woke up screaming
Quote by Sykonatiac
Whats this guitar like to you? I mean, what do you play with it and how does it hold up? I've been thinking more and more lately that I want a Strat instead of a Les Paul(which I'd been eyeing for a long time). But the music store around here doesn't carry any authentic strats...just the really cheap copies.

I love the feel of the Strat VERY comfortable, and pretty light when shes strapped up. I get a real Blues crunch bite on Postion 2 (Middle and Bridge).I love everything about it, super smooth maple neck and the stock pickups are decent. I play Classic rock, blues, Punk, Ska and some other stuff, handles really well for what I play.

I personally have tried a High end Epiphone Les Paul and it wasn't for me, too heavy and lacked feeling for my style of music.
My Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Fender MIM Stratocaster
Yamaha Pacifica 112v
Epiphone G-400
Cheap acoustic

Roland Cube 30X
USA Big Muff PI
Quote by Tomo J O
I love the feel of the Strat VERY comfortable, and pretty light when shes strapped up. I get a real Blues crunch bite on Postion 2 (Middle and Bridge).I love everything about it, super smooth maple neck and the stock pickups are decent. I play Classic rock, blues, Punk, Ska and some other stuff, handles really well for what I play.

I personally have tried a High end Epiphone Les Paul and it wasn't for me, too heavy and lacked feeling for my style of music.

Yeah, see my dad has a Gibson Les Paul and its pretty awesome for metal, I've played it a bit and I always thought..yeah! I want one. But 5 years ago...before I even started playing guitar I just loved the look and the sound of a Strat. Now 5 years later, I'm more into pop-punk/blues-rock/80s metal and of course neo-classical. The more I look at guitars and the more guitarists I check out the more it seems to me that a Strat is more what I'm looking for.

So how much did you pay for it? I realize we're in different areas and all, but it'll give me a rough idea...while I hate basing what equipment I get off of my funds/budget....its the way things are. I'm just curious really on the comparison of the price between a Gibson Les Paul and a Fender Stratocaster.
Chaos

Quote by Phobos&Deimos
I never brag about how incredibly awesome I am.

Last edited by Sykonatiac at Jun 5, 2008,
Well its a Standard MIM Strat so I paid £319 for it, got a deal at my guitar shop because I bought the amp, they threw in a free Fender gig bag, A lead, Stand and pick. Also got the overall price down to £425 from £475.

The MIM Standard for Americans is $399.99 (From Musiciansfriend). If you want the same quaility as a Gibson Les Paul then you need to be thinking about getting a MIA or a Highway One. MIA Strat - $999.99 and Highway One - $749.99
My Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Fender MIM Stratocaster
Yamaha Pacifica 112v
Epiphone G-400
Cheap acoustic

Roland Cube 30X
USA Big Muff PI
Quote by Tomo J O
Well its a Standard MIM Strat so I paid £319 for it, got a deal at my guitar shop because I bought the amp, they threw in a free Fender gig bag, A lead, Stand and pick.

The MIM Standard for Americans is $399.99 (From Musiciansfriend). If you want the same quaility as a Gibson Les Paul then you need to be thinking about getting a MIA or a Highway One. MIA Strat - $999.99 and Highway One - $749.99

FYI, at least in America, the gig bag comes with the guitar, right out of the box.
looks like fun, hows it sound? dont forget to spend some time setting it up... mine needed some truss and action adjustment to get it back down to fenders spec.
What I play:
CustomShop '51 Nocaster Relic
'88 "C" neck Clapton Strat
'08 Strat HSH
Fender Princeton Recording Amp
Boss Micro-BR
Quote by TheProducer
FYI, at least in America, the gig bag comes with the guitar, right out of the box.

Yhea the shop normally throw one in anyway I just made sure. I saved £50-£60 anyway so its all good.

To BoostDemon, I got the shop to set it up for me, plays like a dream! Its what I expected, Bright and clean what I need. Thanks for all your comments
My Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Fender MIM Stratocaster
Yamaha Pacifica 112v
Epiphone G-400
Cheap acoustic

Roland Cube 30X
USA Big Muff PI
Quote by Tomo J O
Yhea the shop normally throw one in anyway I just made sure. I saved £50-£60 anyway so its all good.

To BoostDemon, I got the shop to set it up for me, plays like a dream! Its what I expected, Bright and clean what I need. Thanks for all your comments

yeah man, after playing mine for ~6 months... i tried a few MIA strats, and just didnt see what the hype was about. mine played better, sounded better, and was 1/2 the cost. (then again i cobbled together all sorts of aftermarket stuff on mine)
What I play:
CustomShop '51 Nocaster Relic
'88 "C" neck Clapton Strat
'08 Strat HSH
Fender Princeton Recording Amp
Boss Micro-BR
Nice guitar mate, but I wouldn't have gone over 300 quid for what you've bought. In fact you'd probably be able to go sub 300 quid without even haggling.

Anyways, not trying to rain on your parade, nice gear have fun mate
Quote by Free
Nice guitar mate, but I wouldn't have gone over 300 quid for what you've bought. In fact you'd probably be able to go sub 300 quid without even haggling.

Anyways, not trying to rain on your parade, nice gear have fun mate

PMT are tight bastards. Wasn't a shop for miles that done this kinda Strat either, thanks for the comment though.
My Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Fender MIM Stratocaster
Yamaha Pacifica 112v
Epiphone G-400
Cheap acoustic

Roland Cube 30X
USA Big Muff PI