i was on ebay and was looking for an overdrive pedal. i heard modded ones are good. i saw a modded SD-1 with a "808 classic mod", which i'm guessing sounds like a tubescreamer? anyway i heard good things about the bad monkey and that it is pretty good for the price. but i would like to know your opinions on the two: price, versatility, tone, etc... their pretty much the same price so i dont mind buying either. i just want to get rid of my DS-1.

i'm running a 72 tele custom (single coil in the bridge) through a couple pedals (one being the DS-1) into a Valveking 112.

Thanks.
PS3

Fear the LIME

X
808 modded SD-1s sound excellent. You could also swap the clipping diodes for LEDs for more boost
╠═══════╬═══════╣

Tap Tempo Tap Dancer of τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

MINION of the"I drive a stick cause I'm better than you!!" Club

PM TehNez or IbanezPlayer27 to join.

EHX Users Guild. Bugera Users Militia
The MXR Lounge
I didnt think it could be done...the bad monkey is all surfuce mounted components
╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣

The MXR Lounge
Quote by Bloodshed
I didnt think it could be done...the bad monkey is all surfuce mounted components

That guy has been doing it for sometime now.... I was surprised when i first found out as well...
that badder monkey sounds good but the price is really pushing it.
PS3

Fear the LIME

X
Man...I wish I knew how he was....although I wouldn;t have started building pedals from scratch then.....
╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣

The MXR Lounge
I use the Bad Monkey and it does the job great for me. Some people might complain that I use such a cheap pedal for such expensive gear, but it really does sound awesome.
Quote by A Certain Death
my mum is a retard
i modded my SD-1!

to an "almost 808 spec" i got a huge volume boost, and it sounds great with everything maxed out, really gritty and crunchy. but you do get the extra tone control on the BM with the EQ thing going on. thats supposedly TS-ish anyway
Get off this damn forum and play your damn guitar.
Quote by Hultan
I use the Bad Monkey and it does the job great for me. Some people might complain that I use such a cheap pedal for such expensive gear, but it really does sound awesome.

Well, its a great pedal...but I sometimes feel it doesn't have enough boost for tightening the sound. Then again, I play fairly heavy music most of the time. This is where modding would be useful
╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣

The MXR Lounge
I love my Maxon OD-9 as a boost and I just got a new Coffin Case Blood Drive and it works like a boost with fat dirtier sound. Great for what I play...I had a BM and sold it last week. It was a great pedal and I recommend it to everyone especially if you have a VK. But that Bood Drive is a nice pedal too that Im really liking check it out.
Quote by Bloodshed
Well, its a great pedal...but I sometimes feel it doesn't have enough boost for tightening the sound. Then again, I play fairly heavy music most of the time. This is where modding would be useful

I have the gain on MAX 1/4, and the BM is the only overdrive/distortion pedal I have
If I turn it on max I think it has TOO much gain, but then again I hate metal so... it's a great pedal if you're like me
Quote by A Certain Death
my mum is a retard
that BM sounds really good now. anyone know if it has a lot of noise or if it sucks the tone out?
PS3

Fear the LIME

X
Quote by Hultan
I have the gain on MAX 1/4, and the BM is the only overdrive/distortion pedal I have
If I turn it on max I think it has TOO much gain, but then again I hate metal so... it's a great pedal if you're like me

I don't mean gain wise....I mean the output level. It has way more than enough gain
╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣

The MXR Lounge
Quote by marktuazon
that BM sounds really good now. anyone know if it has a lot of noise or if it sucks the tone out?

it doesnt suck any tone noticeable to me, and it doesnt make noise either
its sounding better...i'd prolly get it cause of that and also of the price
PS3

Fear the LIME

X