This is a bit of rant actually,

I went out and bought myself a 20ft Angled Planet Waves cable and it worked fine for a couple of months, then i remember i bent the cable slightly near the jack on the angled end while moving about (as you do) and the signal started crackling then completed died on me. ****, i thought this isn't right, I've had dirt cheap cables take more of a battering than this.

So, thinking it was just a dodgy batch and looking for another cable, i got the basic straight 10ft Planet Waves cable, thinking I couldnt go wrong, and THE SAME THING happened, the cable died on me.

Am i just damn unlucky or has it happened to anyone else? I mean, the cables are heavily moulded and look like they can take some abuse but what the hell?
Quote by scott_vox
This is a bit of rant actually,

I went out and bought myself a 20ft Angled Planet Waves cable and it worked fine for a couple of months, then i remember i bent the cable slightly near the jack on the angled end while moving about (as you do) and the signal started crackling then completed died on me. ****, i thought this isn't right, I've had dirt cheap cables take more of a battering than this.

So, thinking it was just a dodgy batch and looking for another cable, i got the basic straight 10ft Planet Waves cable, thinking I couldnt go wrong, and THE SAME THING happened, the cable died on me.

Am i just damn unlucky or has it happened to anyone else? I mean, the cables are heavily moulded and look like they can take some abuse but what the hell?

To fix my Planet Waves all you have to do is undo the screw at the jack, cut off the broken part, jam it back in and screw it tight. Works like new. They also have a lifetime guarantee.
You do know that you can take them back and get a replacement for free from a lot of shops right?
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
I've had mines for a few months and it still hasn't broken.
Its my best lead
I am a musician. Therefore, I am hairy.

My gear:
Squire Strat (n00b guitar)
Hughes and Kettner ATS amp
Boss GT-3
Avia Pro II Bass

Quote by Poop
I hate U!!! U'r a sad pokemon beeatch!!
yeah, they have a lifetime warranty, just take it back wherever you got it, and they'll give you a brand new one....
John Petrucci Fanclub (Member #2), PM chase09 to join
Quote by TheProducer
To fix my Planet Waves all you have to do is undo the screw at the jack, cut off the broken part, jam it back in and screw it tight. Works like new. They also have a lifetime guarantee.

QFT.

I had the same thing, make sure it's the circuit breaking jacks, the other black ones will be a pain to fix.

Took me around a few minutes to unscrew it, snip the wire and re insert it... Even though I always get this problem, I love my PW cables to death.

Edit: To avoid this problem, try not to bend the cable near the jacks too much, when not in use roll the cables up with the natural turn of the wire, not forcing it etc... You'll greatly improve their life span.

-Paul
I've had a Planet waves 4FT cable since I started playing nearly 4 years ago, and I have yet to have any problems with it. I have a 20FT one for gigs as well, no problems with that either.
Yup, you must be either really hard on your cables or just plain unlucky.

My Planet Waves 10ft Classic is rock solid.

Play a Cort ?

Play with V-Picks ?

Every minute is to be Grasped........................................................................Time waits for nobody.

my 20ft crackles like no other. and since MR E's is the worst music store ever and wont do returns, I'm gonna have to mail it back to planet waves
My two Planet Waves cables have been abused and still work just fine. I've had them for what, half a year at least? Almost a year I think.
Quote by Lunchbox362
This thread if fail in almost every way imaniganable.
Hmm, i've heard a few bad things about Planet Waves (few INDEED), but I haven't heard of crackling. I was thinking of getting longer cables for my rig (a couple 20 or 30 footers, don't know which yet), and was stuck between Monster (which I got right now and seem to work fine) and Planet Waves (which a lot of artists i listen to use, same goes for Monster). I'm actually curious now if anyone else has had similar problems like the TS.