So I've decided on buying a Schecter Hellraiser (no FR). Half of the reason I am buying it is because it doesn't have a floyd, that's why I'm selling my Razorback. Just too much to maintain, I don't have that kind of patience, lol.

Anyway, here's my situation. I was planning on selling the Razorback and buy the Schecter with the money so I wouldn't have to dig into my pocket much, if at all. I haven't sold the Dean yet and guitarcenter is having a 15% off any single item until June 30. I've got about $90-100 on a giftcard that my brothers will spend if I don't use pretty soon, and I'm working a bit this summer cranking out around $150 a week, almost every week. I'm thinking about just buying the Hellraiser before I can sell the Razorback so that I get that 15% off and use my giftcard to help pay for it.

START READING HERE FOR THE LAZY

1. I know you can bargain at Guitarcenter, but I never have. Think I could bargain like $100 off the hellraiser and combine the 15% coupon at the register for a nice discount?

2. Think I could get a better deal bargaining then with just using the 15% off? and I'm pretty good at talking prices down honestly, but how should I bargain for a guitar? I was thinking something along these lines:

Me - "I like the hellraiser but I think $699 is just asking too much..I'd be willing to pay $500 cash."
GC employee - 'Err, that's too low, it retails for blah blah"
Me - "Alright, $550 is my max, cash. I can't afford to go any higher"

Think something like that would work? I've never tried bargaining at guitarcenter.

Tips, suggestions, comments, and anything else are welcome.
If I remember correctly the staff at GC have been told not to do deals anymore so you would probably be better off just going with the 15% + gift card. Someone else should confirm this though; I don't even live in America.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
i agree with Zaphon what he said sounds like a great choice..the hellraiser is definatly a guitar worth getting...i purchased one without the FR as well..best decision i ever made
150 bucks a week ? you can't be working many hours then. and yes go with the hellraiser

Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plus-Top, SH-2 and SH-5
Ibanez GRX20
Baron Acoustic
Peavey Valveking 112
Roland Cube 15
Dunlop Crybaby From Hell
Dunlop GCB-95 Crybaby
Boss MT-2 Metal Zone
Boss PH-3 Phase Shifter
Boss BF-3 Flanger
Quote by Awaken
150 bucks a week ? you can't be working many hours then. and yes go with the hellraiser

I'm 16, and I babysit twice a week, $70-80 a day. It's hardly much, but its easy money for only two days a week

And I've already decided on getting the hellraiser..I was asking about some minor details with payment, lol.
when negotiating never give a range, they will always insist that you pay your highest amount
If you're using a coupon, it's going to be a lot harder to haggle, so I wouldn't count on that. Basically, I'd do what you said you'd do, but be prepared to walk out, or at least start to.

It should go down like this:

You - "I like the hellraiser but I think $699 is just asking too much..I'd be willing to pay $500 cash."
You - "Alright, $525 is my max, cash. I can't afford to go any higher."
GC Employee - "Jeez, I dunno..."
You- "Alright then.." *starts walking away*

At this point, the employee's likely to stop you. If he doesn't let you have it for $525, he's likely to offer it to you for $550 or so. If he doesn't stop you, go to your car and sit there for a moment, and come back, the rest of your $550 in hand, (it helps if you use a roll of quarters or something to help accentuate the fact that this is all you've got) and say that you can buy it for $550. 9 out of 10 times, you'll get it for $550.
Quote by hrdcorelaxplaya
If you're using a coupon, it's going to be a lot harder to haggle, so I wouldn't count on that. Basically, I'd do what you said you'd do, but be prepared to walk out, or at least start to.

It should go down like this:

You - "I like the hellraiser but I think $699 is just asking too much..I'd be willing to pay $500 cash."
You - "Alright, $525 is my max, cash. I can't afford to go any higher."
GC Employee - "Jeez, I dunno..."
You- "Alright then.." *starts walking away*

At this point, the employee's likely to stop you. If he doesn't let you have it for $525, he's likely to offer it to you for $550 or so. If he doesn't stop you, go to your car and sit there for a moment, and come back, the rest of your $550 in hand, (it helps if you use a roll of quarters or something to help accentuate the fact that this is all you've got) and say that you can buy it for $550. 9 out of 10 times, you'll get it for $550.

Thanks for the help, think there's a way to slip in the '15% off any single item' coupon also though?
Quote by KingDev
Thanks for the help, think there's a way to slip in the '15% off any single item' coupon also though?

I think that's pushing it. They've got to make money somewhere.
Quote by TheProducer
I think that's pushing it. They've got to make money somewhere.

Agreed. I'm not too knowledgeable about GC's purchasing process, but the only way I could see it happening is if the sales guy tells the cashier what price to sell it to you for. That way you could just give it to the cashier... either way, it's kind of a dick move.
Alright, I'll see if I can bargain the guy down first. If they won't budge or discount so little I'll just use the 15% off, now to convince my parents I need to buy it asap..

Thanks a bunch laxplaya