What are people's opinion's on this guitar? Would it excel for clean tone and very light distortion jazz/bluegrass applications?
OMG FAIL
If you use the neck pickup and roll of the tone a bit it should do jazz very nicely but I don't know about bluegrass; I think you're looking more at a Tele for a stereotypical bluegrass tone.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
The sound is perfect for that. My friend has one and I've played it quite a bit. Just make sure to try it out in person first, because it's unfinished and the neck has a weird feel to it, and it's also incredibly ugly in person. The pictures make it look much much nicer than it really is. At least with the one my friend has, it's like puke with strings. But it sounds awesome!
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
Quote by Sid McCall
and it's also incredibly ugly in person.

+1

ugly guitar.

really ugly.
_______
|||||||||||||||
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
If you use the neck pickup and roll of the tone a bit it should do jazz very nicely but I don't know about bluegrass; I think you're looking more at a Tele for a stereotypical bluegrass tone.
I've got a Telecaster already actually, and I love the tone but the electronics are giving me issues. I wanted to expand out a little bit, and I've always wanted a LP.

Quote by Sid McCall
The sound is perfect for that. My friend has one and I've played it quite a bit. Just make sure to try it out in person first, because it's unfinished and the neck has a weird feel to it, and it's also incredibly ugly in person. The pictures make it look much much nicer than it really is. At least with the one my friend has, it's like puke with strings. But it sounds awesome!
Thanks man, the only finish I like is the natural finish because it doesn't look like a fingerpainting by an autistic three year old who was only given one color.

I've been itching for the chance to play one but no store near me stocks them, considering just ordering one of the net and then returning it if I don't like it.
OMG FAIL
Quote by dannyisokay
+1

ugly guitar.

really ugly.

Jesus, If it is that bad, I can justify the cheap (well, cheap for a gibson) UK price, but, if the sound is good then...

Gibson Buckethead Les Paul & Peter Frampton Les Paul
Dean Razorback Slime Bumblebee
Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier
EHX Memory Man/Hazarai
Digitch Whammy
Sovtek Straight 4x12
Herdim Picks
Laney Linebacker 50 Reverb
MXR Phase 90
Quote by SwedishPancakes
I've got a Telecaster already actually, and I love the tone but the electronics are giving me issues. I wanted to expand out a little bit, and I've always wanted a LP.

Then go with the LP; in terms of tone you can't get much different but I would suggest you get your tele looked at because it really is the most typical bluegrass tone.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
Then go with the LP; in terms of tone you can't get much different but I would suggest you get your tele looked at because it really is the most typical bluegrass tone.
I've been trying to fix it myself but unfortunately I'm not qualified.

It has the Fishman acoustic pickup, and the pre-amp has been chewing down batteries (one 9V in less then an hour, even when not played) and also not amping the full spectrum of sound (low E doesn't get picked up...). On top of that I'm having connection issues at the plug-in. I get the feeling I have a short somewhere, but I need to find a person qualified in electronics enough to work with it.

But that's beside the point, I'd love a second guitar regardless. Thanks for the advice.
OMG FAIL
I don't know who the target customer is for the BFG, but I found it to have a really delightful blues/jazz sound with the neck pickup. I've seriously debated getting one of the natural finish models, but really I didn't much care what it looked like. It sounded and felt perfectly acceptable.
The P90 is one of the biggest turn ons for me with this guitar, I'm glad you also like the P90 phank.
OMG FAIL
Quote by TheFly_1990
Jesus, If it is that bad, I can justify the cheap (well, cheap for a gibson) UK price, but, if the sound is good then...

A good sound is a good sound, but who the hell wants an ugly Les Paul?

I understand beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but as such, I would never, ever sacrifice all my money for a guitar such as a Les Paul if it just sounds good. There are lots of good sounding guitars out there.
_______
|||||||||||||||
my cousin has one, so I get to play it maybe once every couple of months.

the neck is different so try before you buy.

with no pick-up ring on the HB, it's going to look pretty nasty real quick - so you may look to install one.

otherwise, he has the black and I love the look of it.
SRV R.I.P.