Well recently I've come into a bit of money (£450 but I have up to £300 extra from my dad if i borrow it or go 'halves') and I was thinking that I should spend it on a new bass/amp. These are my options (tried 'em all out and like them all):

Warwick Corvette Standard (one of my dream basses), active electronics, passive pickups with a natural oil finish.

OR

An Ashdown MAG300 head with a 4x10 cab - pretty good amp, like it a lot, prefer the ABM I use for practicing but I tried one of these and I found it pretty good and in my price range and good enough for the band set up with its 300 watts.

AND

Fender MIM J-Bass (a bass that I would like to own not a dream bass but 'nextbass' material) - found this to be a lovely bass and much better than my current basses, I would get it in wine red or alpine white not too sure yet on colour though.

So what do you think of my options? Carry on borrowing/hiring amps and get the bass of my dreams or get a lesser bass that I still want and an amp that will do me well for small gigs and such that I play?

BTW I play rock, metal, punk, pop-punk, jazz.

And I could also accept some other options for basses, I've tried out quite a lot and like a fair few basses. I'm fairly partial to the Schecter Stilettos but there hard to come by in Britain only ever seen one once in a shop.
Gear:

Musicman SUB 5
Ibanez SRX305
Ibanez GSR200
Ashdown MAG300 C115
Ashdown MAG 210 cab

Soon a Fender Deluxe Jazz V & an LTD 206
Last edited by Rywad at Jun 5, 2008,
The Fender/Ashdown idea will be your best bet.
You'll be better off getting the amp first before getting the dream bass

Quote by MightyAl
How do you physically download an album? Like run your computer off a dynamo on an exercise bike?
Yeah, but as I have the money for it the Warwicks calling my name and I know i'll regret not getting the amp...

Its a very confusing situation, give into a very large GAS or go for the practical stuff.
Gear:

Musicman SUB 5
Ibanez SRX305
Ibanez GSR200
Ashdown MAG300 C115
Ashdown MAG 210 cab

amp and keep saving for the warwick
how bad can your actual bass be?
My Gear

Squier VM p-bass(i chosed it over a fender!!!) with quarter pounder and gotoh 201!!
fender MIM P bass
epiphone SG 400
My actual bass is okay, its just not great.

And I absolutely love the Warwick but I'm thinking of going for the amp and fender as well, I want a change of bass as mines getting a little boring and I've played it for over a year.

And I'm positive about getting the amp however.. I could spend a little more and get an Ashdown ABM500 with a ABM 4 x 10 cab. Not too sure at this time.
Gear:

Musicman SUB 5
Ibanez SRX305
Ibanez GSR200
Ashdown MAG300 C115
Ashdown MAG 210 cab