I have a beginner's strat copy that I have decided to do some work on.
The frets are so sharp that they actually cut my hand once, so if there is a particular file that is used to file them down, please let me know.
I'm scared that a normal file would be too large and end up tearing up the fretboard.
I've been looking around, and is this
http://www.stewmac.com/shop/Fretting_supplies/Shaping_and_crowning/Fret_End_Dressing_File.html
what I'm looking for?
get it done by a pro, im not being rude but your **** it up
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Antisocial Behaviour Order. A chav's equivalent of GCSEs.
I've already considered that, I already have a better guitar and this one honestly isn't worth the money to pay to have something done.
lol im concerned for the action of it though you could compleatly muck it up and make it worse (if thats possible) XD peace
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Quote by rancidryan
get it done by a pro, im not being rude but your **** it up

oh for ****s sake! Are you the kind of guy who brings their guitar to a guitar shop to put on new strings?

It isnt rocket science to file down frets a bit. Go to a luthier and they will charge you a ridiculous amount of money that you could save by doing it yourself. Just get a file and file them down a bit. Unless you get file-crazy you will be fine.
My gear!
ESP LTD M-100FM
Custom RR style Flying V
Custom ESP Explorer (in the making!)
Vox AD30VT
Dunlop Crybaby, Deltalab Md-1, rd 1, Morley optical Volume
Check stewmac.com for a Fretboard Radius-sanding Block, if you want to do it yourself.

Or if you want, customize it by replacing the whole neck with a quaility brand guitar. Check eBay for good neck. That's what I did with a cheap Arbor electric guitar when the frets got too worn down, it's wasn't worth it to have it refretted. I found a reverse Jackson neck on eBay and won it for like $70.
The file you have listed above should work, or look for something similar at a hardware store like Home Depot or Lowes, that's if your in the U.S.
Quote by buzzcut
oh for ****s sake! Are you the kind of guy who brings their guitar to a guitar shop to put on new strings?

It isnt rocket science to file down frets a bit. Go to a luthier and they will charge you a ridiculous amount of money that you could save by doing it yourself. Just get a file and file them down a bit. Unless you get file-crazy you will be fine.

piss of mate, if the frets are sharp and he files them till there rounded thats quite a bit of metal!
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Are the ends of the frets sharp or the actual frets. If its the ends then the little needle files will work.
oh file it your self then lol i fought you ment you werre leveling them should be easy enough to do :P
Quote by Deliriumbassist