I have a strat. Im looking for a new amp..A tube amp..something that can be used at a local band show. not too big. kinda small. ya know..im just starting. haha...but anyways.....Im VERRRY cheap. So I would like some suggestions..what should i buy..where do i start? How much money do i have to drop minimum? ect. Thanks very much.
i played this awesome fender deluxe amp. hang on a second ill look it up.
"Then I saw that there was a way to hell, even from the gates of heaven."
-John Bunyan
How big are these concerts, what music do you play and are you willing to go used?
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
if your just playing one show just get a little combo amp.. but if your gunna be playing bigger shows eventually get like a cheap crate half stack or something...

and you wont need a tube amp if your just playing a small joint. youll be spending more money for one. a transistor(solid state amp) will be good enough
Quote by pepsi1187
if your just playing one show just get a little combo amp.. but if your gunna be playing bigger shows eventually get like a cheap crate half stack or something.

No...just...no
Quote by Pookie6

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Quote by pepsi1187
if your just playing one show just get a little combo amp.. but if your gunna be playing bigger shows eventually get like a cheap crate half stack or something...

Why does it matter if he plays one show and if he plays more than one show? A nice combo will work for anything.

Whatever you do, don't be a cheap crate halfstack, or a cheap anything halfstack, that is, unless you want to sound like crap
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by matteo cubano

Very nice, but only if he's looking for cleans. If he plays metal, that aint going to cut it.
Quote by Pookie6

Quote by uk.mace

Quote by MatrixClaw
Why does it matter if he plays one show and if he plays more than one show? A nice combo will work for anything.

Whatever you do, don't be a cheap crate halfstack, or a cheap anything halfstack, that is, unless you want to sound like crap

i take it you have never played guitar next to a drummer
Quote by pepsi1187

I take it you've never played a good amp.
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by pepsi1187

You have no idea who you're f*cking with

Play a 50 watt+ valve combo next to a drummer. You will drown them out.

Quote by xNIHILISMx
Yeah Guys. Sorry to mention one moooore thing. METAL. :] haha

*waits for people to guess what I'm going to recommend*
Yes, that's right.

$400-$600 will get you a used Peavey 5150 combo which will do the job fine - albeit the stock speakers being pretty shoddy
Quote by Pookie6

Quote by uk.mace

Could just get a 15 watt combo and mic it up to the PA..... but if your PA sucks like everyone's I've ever used you could look used. I got my Laney AOR50 for around $300 used.
Quote by Diet_coke_head
I love taking a nice dip of some horse shit, so good.
5150 combo or Valveking. Not really gonna get a 'cheap' tube amp. They're expensive no matter what due to the sheer quality that comes out of them. But the Vox AD50VT is a hybrid, and for a hybrid, it's loud and sounds pretty nice.
I got some good guitars, yo.
Bugera 6260/6262 whatever it's called
Randall RG50TC
Valveking 112
Used 5150
B-52 AT 100
GEAR

Dean V79
Randall RG50-TC
Roland MicroCube
randall rg50tc?

Who wants to list the other usual suspects?

Edit: beaten to it by fila
Mesa F-30/F-50 should be on there as well.
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by xNIHILISMx
How much money do i have to drop minimum? ect. Thanks very much.

Minimum? It depends on how much tone means to you. A used VK for $300-$340 on average may work for you. MatrixClaw, Saltysnail Fila and IbanezPsycho all recommended good amps to try. Expect to pay between $400 and $650 for those amps used depending. (I did just see a used XXX head for $650 listed in St Louis for the record).
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.