Hi all, I did some looking through the forums but couldn't really find what I wanted, so I'll post it here...I'll probably come back to this thread for other things later on.

So I'm playing in/starting up a pop-punk type band, but... I've been a fan of metal for about 13 years(yes I started listening to Metallica...Maiden..Priest when I was 5... my parents' record collection) and I want to cover some metal songs. Now right away I know a lot of rock/pop/pop-punk bands cover Maiden...and I don't want to...because of that. Nothing wrong with Maiden..though they never were my fav(though I love Aces High and the album Power Slave), but I don't want to cover them because they've been covered to death. I want to cover some Judas Priest songs...but I'm not sure what to cover...its been a long time since I listened to them and I don't have access to a lot of songs, so I'd like some suggestions from people.

Any suggestion is okay, but keep in mind...I'm not a shredder(I'm working hard at it, but I'm not one yet), plus I like harmonized lead lines...a lot.

I'll post all my cover questions and stuff in here instead of creating a new one everytime..so you'll probably see this thread pop(no pun intended) up from time to time.

Thanks people!
Chaos

Quote by Phobos&Deimos
I never brag about how incredibly awesome I am.

I don't want to clutter that first post too much...

I'm thinking of covering The Ripper, I'm currently working with just one other guy and neither of us are singers, so I'm thinking of turning the vocal line into a lead, and turning the entire song into an instrumental. Aside from The Ripper I really have no clue what else.
Chaos

Quote by Phobos&Deimos

Where exactly am I supposed to post then? I figured the forum for Cover Songs was it...didn't clue in to me that it was a sub-forum of riffs and recordings.
Chaos

Quote by Phobos&Deimos