So, ever since I got my 1994 Ibanez Iceman IC-300, I've wanted new pickups, and the opputurnity presented itslef when my paycheck was a bit bigger than normal. I bought some Seymore Duncan (sorry, i cant spell very well) Distortion pickup and brought it home. After about four failed attempts (and a very lucky random toutch of wires that worked....) I have sucessfully installed this pickup!

All i have to do now is cut the springs that hold it in place because it sets too deep in the cavity, re-string it, and im ready to rock out!! I'm going to have to get something to melt the wires (im not even going to try to spell the word "sodier" is how it sounds) because its held together with electrical tape, but it works!

Just wanted to share that with you!

By the way, what was your first major change to your favorite guitar?
My Gear:

Umm....

Please donate to Bighall's Gear fund!

Proud Defender of My Faith!
Member of Christan Guitarists!
Lol solder*

And my first major change was changing out the stock neck pickup of my Gibson Les Paul Classic with 3 Pickups and putting in a Seymour Duncan '59. Good stuff
i hate to break it to u, but your not outta the woods yet. in a lot of cases, if its not soldered 100% perfect, there may be some crackling and messed up sounds from it. good luck tho

oh and i havnt really changed anything outta my guitar yet, but im planning on maybe putting a Seymour Duncan Screamin' Demon in the bridge of my Epi Explorer.
Peavey XXX combo *upgraded screen resistors, Tung-Sol's, and 6L6's*
Schecter Syn Std. * modded, scalloped, and worn*
Schecter C-1 Elite *still sexy*
Ibanez AEL 12-string

"He who sticks his dick in peanut butter is fucking nuts"
my first solderded thing was a board for my comp. but guitarwise i installed new pots on a friend of mines guitar(its my fav guitar)

Left hand man of the fargoth fanclub! PM lamafunguy to join.

Quote by InvaderTSN
Better yet. "My arm is tired, could I put it in between your legs so I can sexually violate you during the movie?"
Quote by Irnmaiden4life
lets watch this thread die like i should have on page 1
i changed my ibanez infinity 3's and 4 to dimarzio tone zone in the neck, yngwie single coil in the middle and paf pro in the bridge. i love the tone i get from it now. i changed the volume and tone knobs, but thats nothin special
how do you like the tone you get from the YJM in the middle position? I'm planing on changing my pups and was thinking between the YJM and HS-3 for the middle position.
Teh Gear:
Squier Affinity Fat Strat
Digitech RP-350
Roland PA-250
Old custom made 1x12" cab x2

No. 1 Digitech RP-350 recommender

Linux users UNITE ! ! !

I WANT THIS ! ! !
Quote by bjovi400
i hate to break it to u, but your not outta the woods yet. in a lot of cases, if its not soldered 100% perfect, there may be some crackling and messed up sounds from it. good luck tho

oh and i havnt really changed anything outta my guitar yet, but im planning on maybe putting a Seymour Duncan Screamin' Demon in the bridge of my Epi Explorer.

I cant solder "100% perfect", and I dont think anyone else on this board can either and most of us arent having any problems.
My gear!
ESP LTD M-100FM
Custom RR style Flying V
Custom ESP Explorer (in the making!)
Vox AD30VT
Dunlop Crybaby, Deltalab Md-1, rd 1, Morley optical Volume
Quote by bjovi400

i said 'may'. that doesnt mean it always will. im just stating that there is a possibility.
Peavey XXX combo *upgraded screen resistors, Tung-Sol's, and 6L6's*
Schecter Syn Std. * modded, scalloped, and worn*
Schecter C-1 Elite *still sexy*
Ibanez AEL 12-string

"He who sticks his dick in peanut butter is fucking nuts"