Anyone familiar with this brand? Haven't seen them mentioned around here, so I was wondering whether the cabs were good or junk, providing someone here has used them.

Also, I can't really understand the options and accessories page, meaning how much do you pay for what?

Thanks for the help, provided the price is nice I may look into them in the future.

Almost forgot the link

http://www.drbasscabs.com/default.php
The people at TB talk very highly of them. I haven't used them.

EDIT: I think I get the accesories page, those are like "add-ons" and they charge you extra for adding special features to their cabs if I understand correctly.
Last edited by watchingmefall at Jun 5, 2008,
Who endorses them?

That's obviously the most important thing to look at.
In the bass chat:

<Jon> take the quote of me out your sig plx
<Jon> i hate seeing what i said around lol

Leader of the Bass Militia PM to join!

And now on BANDCAMP!

Officially the funniest member of the Bass Forum.
^Love the font, Mr. Won't Smile at Disneyland.

Dr. Bass cabs are high quality stuff and are considered quite "avante-garde" and innovative. They're one of these companies that tries to get the most response out of the least amount of radiating surface area (i.e. dudes that do not play with guitarists). They're boutique-ish cabs.

I've heard of them and seen them on the net and in magazines, and, for what it's worth, I've yet to see a video that does not contain slap. IMO, these are slapper's cabs. That's what the 3-way stuff is catering to.

EDIT: Of course I'm talking to Nutter.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
Quote by Nutter_101
Who endorses them?

That's obviously the most important thing to look at.

Hardly, some company's, espcially boutique ones do not provide artists with endorsement deals that provide them with free/massively reduced cost gear so as not to have to make of the sales through regular customers.

I know sadowsky and alembic do this, and i'm sure many amp manufacturers do as well.
Gear

Fender Geddy Lee Jazz
Fender MIA Precision
Musicman Bongo
Boss TU-2
EBS TD650
EBS ProLine 2x10 x 2
In this thread, people don't understand sarcasm...
In the bass chat:

<Jon> take the quote of me out your sig plx
<Jon> i hate seeing what i said around lol

Leader of the Bass Militia PM to join!

And now on BANDCAMP!

Officially the funniest member of the Bass Forum.
My post still stands as valid.
Gear

Fender Geddy Lee Jazz
Fender MIA Precision
Musicman Bongo
Boss TU-2
EBS TD650
EBS ProLine 2x10 x 2
DR.BAss cabs are great! be warned they are going for that "Hi-FI" sound. it's not your daddy's bass cab. if you want a more vintage/average/normal bass sound steer clear.
ESP B-405,Fender American Jazz Bass(EMG J active pups and LEO QUAN BADASS II ) squire P bass(EMG P active Pups)),
SansAmp Bass driver DI
Ampeg SvP PRO Tube Preamp
QSC2450 Power amp
Furman PL8
FINALLY-Ampeg SVT 810E
On a digression, I hate the way endorsements are headed. Everyone has this fancy bass that looks like it's this but is really this (because ________doesn't like that bass)...
It maddens and saddens.
but on topic I've never played Dr. Bass amps, but have heard nice things.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom