OK the title may be confusing so let me explain.

I'm attempting to learn some PTH songs. Right now I'm doing Heretics and Killers and Divinity Within.

Anyway I can get most of the rhythm parts down, but I'm finding it difficult to get the high lead parts down and perfect. Can anyone suggest some other songs/artists/practices that can help me get down these trickier lead parts?

If you're gonna post any tab links, no guitar pro please, I can't read it.
Im sure people could list tons of songs for you to learn to try and help but te best thing would prolly be to just slow it all down and speed the lead parts up as you can play it. By the way Protest is amazing so dont get frustrated wen learning there songs it takes time.
Im sure people could list tons of songs for you to learn to try and help but te best thing would prolly be to just slow it all down and speed the lead parts up as you can play it. By the way Protest is amazing so dont get frustrated wen learning there songs it takes time.

Yeah, depending on your current level of skill, it could take years
Call me Batman.
I've got the intro down, and a load of the rhythm bits and the (I think it's a) diminished scale lick part.

It's more some of the faster kind of arpeggio bits.

I'm gonna do the slow down thing anyway, was just wondering if there was any exercises to strengthen the needed skills.
umm if its arpeggios you are probably looking at sweeping i guess. there's no easy way to do that but learn to sweep, or if it isn't, just to play better basically! so learn slow then speed up, one problem with protest songs is they are often hard to put a metronome to because their rhythm is everywhere lol. in a good way obviously hahahaha!
Right I've got most of it down, the thing that's really screwing me right now is the (I think sweeped) arpeggio's after the really discordant bit.

It's something like:

|----5------7-4-0--
|5---6--5---------3
|-6---7--6----------
|--7------7---------
|--------------------
|--------------------

It comes just after the "So tell me...WHY!" part.

Anyway should I just hold the chord shapes and try and sweep within the shapes or should I fluidly move my fingers? I can play faster when I move fluidly but it's more sloppy than if I hold the shapes.

I guess just practice and I'll get it? It's worked with the rest of it so far
They do alot of wierd tapping licks so to get used to that try Midnight by Joe Satriani to get a grasp of it.