well, my car has had some minor damage (golf cart running into it, my brother hitting another car), and the paint on the bumper is chipped away.

how should I paint the chipped away areas? My step dad believes that If I paint over the original coat, it will chip even more.

what i want to do is paint the areas that are chipped away, which may result in painting over a few small small small areas

my step dad wants to remove all the covering because he believes if I paint over it, it will just chip again. he defends this view by saying he has painted over it before, and it just kept chipping. but i know that the chipping was due to it getting hit by golf carts, and I never saw him paint over it before.

removing all of the paint just seems pointless, and I all in all I want to know if painting over a few small parts would be bad/cause more chipping
dude, what about an actual solo in death metal instead of that poof from linkin park. Think of Pulse of the Maggots - Bed Of Razors

#1 MEMEBER OF THE OFFICIAL THRASH METAL FAN CLUB (PM URE FAV BANDS TO ME TO JOIN)
Sand and paint simple as that. Google it man youl get better answers than all of the 12 year olds in the pit will give you
Gear:
Mesa Dual Rectifier
Mesa 4x12 Cab
Marshall 4x12 Cab

Gibson SG Standard + Bare KnucklePickups - Warpigs
Gould Les Paul + BKP's - Crawlers
See Through Acrylic Strat

Zakk Wylda Wah
Original Crybaby
Boss Flanger
Boss Phase Shifter
go to a the dealership, and ask for a container of touch-up paint
Quote by glm
I love you for saying that.

after I said "if the Governator could do it; so can Mr. Colbert"
Sanding, a coat of primer, and repaint.
To a shredder, a second is a long time.

Member of the UG Gentlemen of Higher Thought Establishment.

Invite only, if you want to be considered, contribute well to UG, and respect others as much as possible!
Quote by Nemesis260
Sanding, a coat of primer, and repaint.

+1, if you want it to look right. You could get some touch up paint to cover the chips but you'd notice it a mile off.

And if you paint it, read up on how to do it properly. It really is too easy to fuck it up.
[quote="'[x"]Huffy[x]']^ This man knows everything.

Seriously, don't even try and question him, he'll rip your face off with his awesomeness alone.
Quote by Kumanji
@ yet another win post from Vince. Kudos to you, sir.
my brother rolled my truck and it had a bunch of scratches on the side and he sanded the areas, bondo, sand, and then paint. it looks ok for a home job. been there for a little less than a year and its still lookin good
I had to do my wing recently. We sanded the area back to bare metal (bigger than the damage) then put filler in to smooth out the dings. Primed it. Smoothed that with 600 Wet/dry, followed by 1200 Wet/dry. Painted it with a spray paint matching the code that was under the bonnet (yes it was car paint) left it to dry and then Laquered it.

I think that was all....but yeah google is your friend...i was lucky my dad used to paint cars.