So im buying an eq pedal for my roland micro cube boss ge-7 or mxr 6 band. doesnt matter much for me but will it worth to buy an eq pedal to roland micro cube?. the effects are really good but the lack of eq makes it bad. i have to play only in one distortion mode cant add mids treble of bass to change it to a different distortion type. so is an eq pedal what i need?
The eq will help u and the good thing about them is that it'll work well with any amp.
Originally Posted by evening_crow
Quoting yourself is cool.

WARNING: I kill threads.
I'd say an EQ is always a good investment. You can grow into it in the long term. The little Micro Cubes are nice little practice amps but, as you said, not all that flexible in tone. The Boss pedal EQ is pretty good. I've used it as a fill in once or twice for a PA EQ until I could pickup a rack mount for monitors.

I personally use a Peavey Q2151 rack mount EQ since I don't ever turn it off, and don't often need to change the settings. It's a dual channel 15 band EQ. I don't remember the price though.
-limefan913

Quote by Chad48309
Quote by The_lizard_king
Originally Posted by The_lizard_king
It really does relieve stress. I was pissed off for a week because I didn't jerk off, so if you quit it you will go mad.
I don't think that's the correct use of the phrase "going mad."
if your looking for a cheaper one the Danelectro fish and chips is pretty good I hear.
so it will be good for what i need. wohoo my cube will be better guess i wont need anything more from now on. i will buy the pedal i find. probably boss or mxr...
It's not going to completely alter your tone though, just give you more options really. Personally I would buy an amp with the money.
What amp can you buy for that small a sum? If they're not going to be playing out, there's no point to buying a larger amp. I'd say just get an EQ and hone your skills on the cube.
-limefan913

Quote by Chad48309
Quote by The_lizard_king
Originally Posted by The_lizard_king
It really does relieve stress. I was pissed off for a week because I didn't jerk off, so if you quit it you will go mad.
I don't think that's the correct use of the phrase "going mad."
i will buy it for like 70 dollars. what amp can i buy by selling a second hand micro cube and adding 70 dollars? a new micro cube?
well you could sell your old one and save up haha. IF your not willing to spend money its a good plan though. You won't regret it.
Hmm, I think I'll get an eq pedal. It'll come in handy even after I upgrade from the Microcube.

Play a Cort ?

Play with V-Picks ?

Every minute is to be Grasped........................................................................Time waits for nobody.

Quote by limefan913
What amp can you buy for that small a sum? If they're not going to be playing out, there's no point to buying a larger amp. I'd say just get an EQ and hone your skills on the cube.

+1

Plus a good eq is something you will keep forever no matter what amp you buy..Versus amps come and go with the wind...
This thread has given me a good idea, if i cant get hold of a rocker 30 cheap enough, ill just get an EQ for my microcube for now too
Fender Deluxe Strat HSS
Fender Standard Strat
Fender Highway 1 Tele
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Orange Rocker 30 Combo
Seymour Duncan Twin Tube Mayhem
Roland Microcube
Boss Micro BR
Korg Pitchblack
EHX Holy Grail
Hohner 3/4 Classical
Quote by PendulousThread
This thread has given me a good idea, if i cant get hold of a rocker 30 cheap enough, ill just get an EQ for my microcube for now too

Play a Cort ?

Play with V-Picks ?

Every minute is to be Grasped........................................................................Time waits for nobody.