so, i want to get an electric guitar (ive played acoustic for years) and am pretty decided on the Squier Affinity.

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Squier-by-Fender-Affinity-Series-Stratocaster-Special-Electric-Guitar-102167889-i1146806.gc

and if i wouldnt be to hard, i plan to turn it onto something like this

http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/ff292/skar578/Fender.jpg

would that be possible? I figured i would sell the stock wired pickguard and trem plate together, and then use that to refund the price to buying new pickguard and electronics.

so, my questions:

does that look good?
is it worth it?
how much do you think i could get for the pickguard materials from the squier?
what about pickups? (i put the alumitones to keep the silver scheme, but im also considering other options)
Guitars:
Mitchell MD-100SCE Acoustic/electric
Gibson SGJ 2014

TC MojoMojo (it'll arrive eventually) > TC Hall of Fame > Orange Micro Terror stack

my tube preamp project idea
in my experience squiers sound like ****...even with upgraded pups...it wouldn't be too hard to sand down and finish the guitar with natural look...if you have the proper tools...i dont't think you would get much for the PG and the pups...maybe 30$ for the lot....i would save some more money and just get a natural finish guitar the isnt a squier...but hey thats me
'To be positive at all times is to ignore all that is important, sacred or valuable. To be negative at all times is to be threatened by ridiculousness and instant discredibility.'
-Kurt Cobain
well, its alder body and maple neck wood, so its better then most cheaper guitars right there. and its my first electric, so yea, im not sure what id get instead. i dont NEED to have my guitar look good, i like almost anything.

but in that case, what would you suggest?
Guitars:
Gibson SGJ 2014

TC MojoMojo (it'll arrive eventually) > TC Hall of Fame > Orange Micro Terror stack

DO NOT get a squier.. they suck.... if you like the natural look get a worn gibson SG.. it's like 500 bucks i think.. maybe less... i have the worn les paul and its 900.... if you like the strat body.. get a fender.. don't get a squier
if you truely have been playing for years then id suggest never buying a squire ever. they just arent worth it for anyone. even beginners in my opinion. if you are stuck on the shape then at least get the real fender. i hate fenders and yet i would way rather have one than a squire. might i suggest this however.... its still cheap and its a far better guitar.
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/ESP-LTD-H101-Flame-Maple?sku=512889
Gear:
1982 Washburn T-bird
2007 BC Rich Warbeast
Irish, the problem is i just dont even WANT to spend $500. i also just bought an acoustic-electric for $200 a few months ago, so im a little short on cash.

as for the shape, i really dont care that much. i prefer strats or ibanez, but almost anything works. and for some reason i prefer single coils, but a bride hum could do. as long as i get a neck single.
Guitars:
Gibson SGJ 2014

ive got a squire same as what you're looking at and i love it i woudnt trade it for anything short of a white falcon
]
yea, i heard some people love their squiers. i think it would suit me. my friend may be selling his MiM strat too.
Guitars:
Gibson SGJ 2014