Alrighty, it is time for me to choose a new guitar tomorrow. I have had my eyes set on a particular Fender Stratocaster model for quite sometime. It is the Fender Deluxe Player's Stratocaster that goes for $629 (Transparent Blue). I really want a Fender to call my own. I have been getting into much more mellow stuff like Pink Floyd and The Doors. I really like a clean or slightly overdriven channel.

Now, my second pick is the Schecter C-1 Classic which runs at $749 (Transparent Blue). I am looking at this guitar mainly because of the thru neck. However, I'm afraid I'm not going to get that sound I want with the Seymour-Duncans in there.

All in all I'm looking for a good clean guitar that can still get a little dirty and/or fuzzy sometimes. I have tried both guitars out and liked both of them. The question I am forwarding to you is which guitar will suit my style the BEST and will last me the longest.

Thanks!
When the music's over, turn out the lights.

Quote by pencap
i fingerd my girl the other day she got so wet nearly my entier hand was soked after that i ate her up, she blacked out it was awesome
Well...YOu like pink floyd,the doors...I guess strat is the best you can get out of those two.
I'm a strat fan...so maybe it's just because of that but I think humbuckers wouldn't suit you so well as single coils.
1. You're surfing the internet.
2. You're browsing through the UG forums.
3. You're reading now.
5. You didn't notice that there was no #4.
6. You just checked it.
7. Now you're having a lil smile.

Quote by hawk_kst
You Sir, have the best signature like ever!
you want the fender. Schecter guitars are made for playing heavy music, as are the seymour duncan pickups.
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.
Quote by Kozlic
Well...YOu like pink floyd,the doors...I guess strat is the best you can get out of those two.
I'm a strat fan...so maybe it's just because of that but I think humbuckers wouldn't suit you so well as single coils.

I was thinking of the Strat as well, but I'm worried about it being cheap as hell and falling apart on me in a year or so.

I get cold feet when it comes to guitar shopping...
When the music's over, turn out the lights.

Quote by pencap
i fingerd my girl the other day she got so wet nearly my entier hand was soked after that i ate her up, she blacked out it was awesome
Quote by ZedLeppy
I was thinking of the Strat as well, but I'm worried about it being cheap as hell and falling apart on me in a year or so.

I get cold feet when it comes to guitar shopping...

Not going to happen, don't worry about it.
My advice would be get whatever you like best.....however you are 300 away from the American, which i very highly rec.
Quote by Briddell
My advice would be get whatever you like best.....however you are 300 away from the American, which i very highly rec.

Well, he may be better off to save the extra $$$ for a new amp, depending on what he has.
I've had my MIM strat for 2 years now and have had zero problems.
I use the wammy a lot.
I change strings a lot, and gauges.
And I'm on my 3rd set of Humbuckers.
And i do a lot of bends.

point being, i think if something was going to break it would have broke by now. and mine was only $400.

;