I've been playing for two and a half months and all though I'm an avid Green Day and Blink 182 fan, I've found myself bored with just playing songs with nothing but chords in them and not much actual fret work. Songs like, Fat Lip, M+M's, What's My Age Again, the intros of Stay Together For The Kids, Carousel, and Dammit, and Man Overboard more so than the others are songs I found fun to play. I was looking for other songs like those in the same genre. Any help would be much appreciated.
she sells sanctuary - the cult

it's a good song.. maybe not exactly the same genre.. but i started out playing all of the songs you listed except for 2 and enjoyed playing this song
I wanna be sedated. - Ramones.

That's punk and has the worlds most kick-ass solo. Check it out.

~Louis
Member of the Bugera Users Militia

Quote by JagerSlushy
Go with Ibanez...Or if you're going high-end, get a Jackson.
*puts up flame shield*

Learn some Fall Out Boy. I'm not sure how much it fits the genre you like, but the guitars aren't just straight powerchords. Well, they multitrack and one track is usually power chords, but there's more stuff to learn other than that.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
um.... stop looking at blink 182 and sum 41s singles and listen to full albums. you might just be surprised. as for greenday? lol... i think you expect too much of them.
Try some yellow card and see if you can get your hands on some of the violin solos.

Some more picking songs are One year, six months...and maybe only one.
Maybe some rise against stuff? Songs like Paper Wings, kick ass intro and a bit of a solo.
Quote by Alter-Bridge
If I had sex as much as you said the word "shit" I would be paris hilton.

Quote by rworsl
I have never felt closer to either cheese or weasels

Quote by Vermintide

DURN THING DUN GONE MESS UP AGIYAN. MARGE, FETCH ME MAH BOOMSTIYAK
My Chemical Romance has some badass guitar licks.
Quote by metalcore123
I hate trying to cover up my cheese in school because the bimbo next to me dislikes the smell of pure love.

I'm bringing farts back!
Quote by whosamerica
um.... stop looking at blink 182 and sum 41s singles and listen to full albums. you might just be surprised. as for greenday? lol... i think you expect too much of them.

I've learned Pathetic, I'm Sorry, Aliens Exist, Lemmings, Boring, Dick Lips, Untitled, Peggy Sue, Does My Breath Smell, Romeo & Rebecca, Online Songs, Story of a Lonely Guy, and really quite a few more. I was just listing a couple of well known Blink songs so that those who don't listen to full albums might get a better understanding of my question.
Try some Four Year Strong.

Pop-Punk Melodies + Badass Drop D Riffs = Pure awesomeness

Edit: Abandon Ship or Abandon All Hope's got a cool little intro riff you might wanna give a shot.
Last edited by himynameisjay at Jun 5, 2008,
Monsters by Matchbook Romance is a fun one. Try some stuff by Gallows if you're into the more hardcore stuff.
I'm not here to inspire you. I'm here to make your own life seem slightly less sad by comparison.
or try some MCR
I'm not here to inspire you. I'm here to make your own life seem slightly less sad by comparison.