Alright, so i recently got Amplitube 2. I have the 1/4" to 1/8" adapter and I have connected my guitar into the line in jack of my computer. I dont use an audio interface box btw. Its just straight from my guitar to the line in jack. Line in is set to recording. So as i open up amplitube, i hear this humming sound, but when i try to strum the strings, nothing really happens. Just the same humming sound. Next I install the ASIO4ALL drivers and set the audio setup to ASIO. Again I hear a humming sound, and same thing when i strum the strings, nothing happens. The volume bars move with the humming sound, but when i pluck the strings, the volume bar doesnt change, so im assuming its not reading the vibration of the strings. So, I took out the wire from my guitar, and the humming sound remained. Then I put the wire back into my guitar and removed the 1/4" to 1/8" adapter, and the humming was gone. Is there anyway that I can fix this? Do I have to get an audio interface box to make this work properly? The adapter is a radio shack gold series 1/4" to 1/8".

My Specs:

Intel Pentium D (2 CPUs, both at 2.80GHZ)
1GB RAM
SigmaTel High Definition Audio (Integrated sound card)
This has to do with looping. Make sure to plug into the mic and try that. I plug into the mic and everything else has worked for me. Amplitube, Guitar Rig, FXbox, you name it.
I got some good guitars, yo.
I tried to connect it into the mic port this time and set mic to recording in the mixer.

Though when I opened up amplitube, instead of a humming sound, i got this other weird sound like the kind of sound you hear when you change the radio channel. Same thing with line in, i tried to pluck the string and no difference. If anybody knew another way to fix it, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Thanks for the response Leat.
Quote by Pottymouth
Alright, so i recently got Amplitube 2. I have the 1/4" to 1/8" adapter and I have connected my guitar into the line in jack of my computer. I dont use an audio interface box btw. Its just straight from my guitar to the line in jack. Line in is set to recording. So as i open up amplitube, i hear this humming sound, but when i try to strum the strings, nothing really happens. Just the same humming sound. Next I install the ASIO4ALL drivers and set the audio setup to ASIO. Again I hear a humming sound, and same thing when i strum the strings, nothing happens. The volume bars move with the humming sound, but when i pluck the strings, the volume bar doesnt change, so im assuming its not reading the vibration of the strings. So, I took out the wire from my guitar, and the humming sound remained. Then I put the wire back into my guitar and removed the 1/4" to 1/8" adapter, and the humming was gone. Is there anyway that I can fix this? Do I have to get an audio interface box to make this work properly? The adapter is a radio shack gold series 1/4" to 1/8".

My Specs:

Intel Pentium D (2 CPUs, both at 2.80GHZ)
1GB RAM
SigmaTel High Definition Audio (Integrated sound card)

For the record... that is not 2 CPU's.... it's 2 cores.....

Anyways,

If you got a 1/4" to USb cable (lightsnake etc) and then tweaked the drivers with ASIO 4 all, you would probably get much better results. Also, an Interface maxes recording uber easy and awesome quality.

IE: Amplitube works great with Pro Tools...can't get enough of it.
I've bought, sold, and traded more gear than I care to admit.
Quote by Brendan.Clace
For the record... that is not 2 CPU's.... it's 2 cores.....

Anyways,

If you got a 1/4" to USb cable (lightsnake etc) and then tweaked the drivers with ASIO 4 all, you would probably get much better results. Also, an Interface maxes recording uber easy and awesome quality.

IE: Amplitube works great with Pro Tools...can't get enough of it.

It does say (2 CPUs) in my dxdiag window :X.

But anyway, would this 1/4" to USB or audio interface fix the problem I'm having, or would there be any other way to fix it with my 1/4" to 1/8" adapter? Thanks for the response.
Are you sure that your input volume is up and not muted? What sound card do you have?
I had the same issue when trying to do the same thing. I solved it by buying an MBox.... but the cheaper alternative (a lightsnake cable) would indeed fix your issue. Windows recognizes it as an ASIO device(the same as an MBox or Line 6 pod/toneport) and runs it like that. The only problem is that the stock drivers aren't the greatest, so if you use ASIO4ALL instead, you have much more control over the buzzing humming etc....
I've bought, sold, and traded more gear than I care to admit.
ok thank you. I will buy an audio interface depending on my budget. Thanks for the help guys.