Page 1 of 2
No.

FINALLY!!!! after months (4 to 5 I think) of waiting to get a new CLASSIC 30 amp that is TUBE! it has FINALLY COMEEEEEEEEEEEEEE woooooooooooot

I'd like to give a special thanks to MrCarrot, Slatsmania, acdcrocks0323, and the rest of the people that answered my questions (which were a lot) about this amp and what would be best.

I'm really impressed with it. Big improvement from my Marshall mg15.

Sadly though, this classic 30 DID NOT come with the tube guard, NOR THE JJ TUBES.
Damn you samash! Well I don't really mind not having a tube guard, but the sovtek power tubes (ugh) well...they're not that bad. I won't be getting anything for a while so don't bother suggesting anything lol. Fingers hurt from playing.

Also, I was really suprised that it wasn't MEGA LOUD. I love the clean channel, and the OD channel. It's so much more crispier and not so muddy, unlike my MG lol

Here are some pics.

I hate flash on this camera!

That's a bit better

No tube guard

I'll post some clips after my fingers stop hurting. Don't expect something good to be recorded. Haven't played in 2 months and now i stink, but I will post some clips in a bit.
Awesome, shoulda got it in tweed though Getting some nice valves in there will really bring it to life, enjoy the amp man.
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
Doesn't matter, we just want AUDIO PR0N!

Bummer about the tube guard and tubes.
Oh well, atleast you don't need to bias it, and JJ EL84s are fairly cheap.
You could probably get a tube guard if you really needed it.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Quote by timi_hendrix
Awesome, shoulda got it in tweed though Getting some nice valves in there will really bring it to life, enjoy the amp man.

I asked them for tweed but samash didn't have any in stock. THey said that they put an order for tweed about a year ago, and it still hasn't gotten there.

Damn, and it's freakin heavy.
could you send me some audio clips or post them up cause i was thinking of getting one...well im still searching for one, but im interested. thanks
My Gear:
Fender MIM Standard Stratocaster
Squire Stratocaster
Vox AD30VT
Boss DS-1
Boss Super Chorus
Ibanez Weeping Demon Wah Pedal
You think the 30 is heavy?
Wait until you try carrying a Classic 50 4x10!
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Quote by darkarbiter7

Or a Super Twin. The OT is roughly the size of your face.
Quote by darkarbiter7
You think the 30 is heavy?

Ha, was just thinking that. I'd die lol

Recording clips now
YAY, I AM RESPECTED.

Epic Kudos to you, my friend.
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
Quote by the.spine.surfs
Or a Super Twin. The OT is roughly the size of your face.

Lol, this one quad reverb I played (4x12 100 watt combo) was half the size of me, I swear.
It weighed a ton.

But yay for clips!
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
K clips are up. REMEMBER that i HAVE NOT played in months so don't expect something good.

Played in both channels (clean, and OD) enjoy

I have a problem with the amp though!
does it matter if it makes that popping sound when you turn off the amp?
its 2 pops that sound.
Last edited by esp1234 at Aug 9, 2008,
^
thanks man really appreciate it.

Well school's over. Summer vacation begins

I'm off to do some service hours. grrr
Noice.
I've always preferred it in Black than tweed OH YES I WENT THERE.
Me wants clipzzz even though I've played one many times haha
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
You can easily retro-fit the tube guards and they are purchasable from Peavey (or ask your local to order you one in).

The next step is to change that speaker. The Blue Marvel is so flat and dead sounding, you haven't heard the half of it yet. Great amp, but needs a little poke in a few areas to really show it's true colours.

- Rich
^
yeah, i'll change the speaker in a year or 2. Or else my parents will start asking what's wrong with it.
Ouch. Mic made the OD channel sound really bad, as well as my bad playing :\
Quote by Midnight Murk
I've had mine for seven months and I haven't had the desire to change it yet.

No desire? Maaaadness I tell you. Seriously, I advise it, as will most C30 owner. Speaker are nice an cheap nowadays and the BM is the biggest downfall with the Peavey.

Feels so good to turn up this up. Just remembered that I always kept my MG to 1.5 vol or 2. never higher cus it just hurt my ear, literly.

Midnight, did yours come with a footswitch? I think mine did and it's inside the amp under a cover, but i'm not sure if I should open it or if it's even there.
That box inside in the cover is the reverb tank... I wouldn't open it if I were you... Well, unless you take pleasure in bathing in springs...

Very nice amp and I like the clips. Those cleans are amazing and the OD gets a good crunch enjoy.

I really like my C50 as well, except for the size.
High Cardinal of Zeppelinism PM TheHeartbreaker to join and
"Co-Founder (and Yoda) of the Star Wars Universe. PM me or SethMegadefan to join.

' " The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death"...'-p.269-Deathly Hallows
Quote by Dookie_1988
No desire? Maaaadness I tell you. Seriously, I advise it, as will most C30 owner. Speaker are nice an cheap nowadays and the BM is the biggest downfall with the Peavey.

Yes can you tell us which speaker you put in yours? I'm thinking a G12. Mine has a bit of a gay "honking" sound sometimes, not quite sure how to describe it, heheh. All I know is I want it gone. Tubes are JJ's.
I don't mind the stock speakers at all!
I don't know what's wrong with me.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
I was thinking of buying the Classic 30 in Tweed.. but replacing the speaker.. maybe with a Celestion Vintage 30..or the G12? (at 16 Ohms, right?)

What do you guys think?

EDIT: Oh, and can someone explain what the hell the Reverb Tank actually has inside of it?
Last edited by Vinyl_Master at Jun 6, 2008,
^^
I just thought of the G12.. which do you think is better suited to the amp?
Or my playing styles Alternative/Blues/Classic Rock/Harder Rock?
Truely don't know about speakers really, but I've heard that Celestion V30's are great for classic rock/hard rock
Quote by esp1234
Truely don't know about speakers really, but I've heard that Celestion V30's are great for classic rock/hard rock

Thanks mate, I'll check into the both
Quote by darkarbiter7
Lol, this one quad reverb I played (4x12 100 watt combo) was half the size of me, I swear.
It weighed a ton.

But yay for clips!

Roadking combo ftl... 112lbs...
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
Quote by esp1234
They're a bit overrated IMO, they have a harsh midspike and are really very aggressive.

I have a G12H(30) 70th Anniversary edition and it's AMAZING. Sounds gorgeous and doesn't have the harsh topend that the V30 has. It'll even get into metal territory, although it was famed for its use by players such as Townshend and Hendrix... Big lows, midrange warmth and smooth highs. It's brilliant.
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
I think Celestion Greenbacks are rated at 25w? You definately don't want to be putting a 25w speaker in an amp rated at 30w!
Page 1 of 2